Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Open Carry Illegal Detainment/Search/Seizure in Whitehall, Pa.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,155

    Open Carry Illegal Detainment/Search/Seizure in Whitehall, Pa.

    From the PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association) website:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMr06uKKdSo

    All their discussion on same is here:

    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...tehall-pd.html

    For the uninitiated, Whitehall, Pa. is in Lehigh County (the eastern part of the state). It is a suburb of Allentown in the Lehigh Valley region.

  2. #2
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748
    Disgusting. Got to love how RAS has been misconstrued by those cops to mean they can stop anybody they don't know. That's exactly what Terry said.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    232
    I hope there is something done to rectify that situation...

    Those cops need a re-edgimication course!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    Disgusting. Got to love how RAS has been misconstrued by those cops to mean they can stop anybody they don't know. That's exactly what Terry said.
    Apparently most officers have an entirely different definition of "Reasonable" than the public does.

    Only way to stop things like this happening is to keep up the good fight.

    However, these officers are all given a yearly class that includes notes on OC being legal in PA.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    I especially like the RAS given by officer for the stop "I don't know you"

    What I don't understand is why these encounters are followed up with law suits?
    Are there not many contingency lawyers that would take on these cases?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,155
    From the PAFOA website:

    Come one come all, OC meet and greet at Jordan "Creek" parkway.

    If I can figure out a good route to walk maybe even a nice 30hr "march" will be in order.

    When? June 23, 11am till..we get tired..

    Where? Jordan Creek Parkway at the pavilion near the single baseball diamond.
    http://goo.gl/maps/vtzp

    For directions look up Jordan Creek Parkway, off of Lehnert road. Whitehall, PA, 18052

    Anyone that can bring maybe a frisbee, or even a couple gloves and some baseball's. There is MORE than enough room there for plenty of us to play and jump around, also perfect to fly a kite.

    Across the road from this are Tennis courts, and Jordan creek which IS stocked with trout, as previously mentioned. There is also a full course for playing Disc Golf. And a really nice walking path.

    Hope too see you all. PLEASE bring some snacks of simple type and PLENTY of water. I was thinking about maybe doing hot dogs on their B.S. Charcoal If anyone can help with providing the food and cooking it I would GREATLY appreciate it as It will be VERY difficult for me to do this all my self as I do not drive. So If a couple of us can ban together and maybe someone can bring some charcoal and some buns for the dogs, I will be bringing a cooler with a couple packs of dogs, chips, and bottled water.

    I will personally be bringing two pack of dogs, Nathans, of course. and the Guitar and my rifle. Thanks to all that are planning to attend please let me know via PM so I can get and Idea on head count and what you will be bringing, other than your guns obviously

    Hope to see you all there!!!

    Long Live the Republic.

  7. #7
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I especially like the RAS given by officer for the stop "I don't know you"What I don't understand is why these encounters are followed up with law suits?Are there not many contingency lawyers that would take on these cases?
    I've asked lawyers before in PA, even when a firearm is unlawfully seized during the enforcement of an unlawful county ordinance covering the airport, lawsuits are unlikely to go through unless there are damages which can be assessed by the courts. One may conclude your right to privacy is worthless in court, though I don't believe this.

  8. #8
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    I've asked lawyers before in PA, even when a firearm is unlawfully seized during the enforcement of an unlawful county ordinance covering the airport, lawsuits are unlikely to go through unless there are damages which can be assessed by the courts. One may conclude your right to privacy is worthless in court, though I don't believe this.
    This is unfortunate and incredible.

  9. #9
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241
    I'd love current and perspective Pennsylvania firearm owners to find a neutral perspective forum instead of the one posted on OP's post, especially after they completely covered up the Pittsburgh cop killer's posts.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    I'd love current and perspective Pennsylvania firearm owners to find a neutral perspective forum instead of the one posted on OP's post, especially after they completely covered up the Pittsburgh cop killer's posts.
    I read most of that guys posts before they vanished. Nothing he wrote could have foretold the crimes he would eventually commit.

  11. #11
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by SP101 View Post
    I read most of that guys posts before they vanished. Nothing he wrote could have foretold the crimes he would eventually commit.
    Which is exactly what scares the hell out of me regarding some of these people on line and who are contributors to such organizations. You don't know who are the people you want to stay away from like homophobic individuals, cop haters, white supremacists, etc.

    I'm pondering using a program I've been working on to profile individuals who are contributors to firearm forums to see if there are any connections to illegal or hate groups.

  12. #12
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns
    I especially like the RAS given by officer for the stop "I don't know you",
    At which point the citizen should laugh in his face.
    "Explain, please, how not knowing someone is RAS of a crime? I don't know you either, so I should report you for committing a crime, right?"

  13. #13
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    Which is exactly what scares the hell out of me regarding some of these people on line and who are contributors to such organizations. You don't know who are the people you want to stay away from like homophobic individuals, cop haters, white supremacists, etc.

    I'm pondering using a program I've been working on to profile individuals who are contributors to firearm forums to see if there are any connections to illegal or hate groups.
    does that list include black supremacist and hopolophobic groups?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-01-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: fixed formatting
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  14. #14
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    Which is exactly what scares the hell out of me regarding some of these people on line and who are contributors to such organizations. You don't know who are the people you want to stay away from like homophobic individuals, cop haters, white supremacists, etc.I'm pondering using a program I've been working on to profile individuals who are contributors to firearm forums to see if there are any connections to illegal or hate groups.
    does that list include black supremacist and hopolophobic groups?
    Such a find would not surprise me if I found someone against the possession of weapons by law abiding citizens on firearm forums. I've seen member names on forums which upon searches, have directed results to attribution of sexually related forums of the bestial variety.
    Last edited by david.ross; 06-01-2012 at 04:32 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    From the PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association) website:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMr06uKKdSo

    All their discussion on same is here:

    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...tehall-pd.html

    For the uninitiated, Whitehall, Pa. is in Lehigh County (the eastern part of the state). It is a suburb of Allentown in the Lehigh Valley region.
    To the poster of the video...

    Setting open carry aside. Nothing would prevent you from obtaining a Florida, Arizona, Maine, Or New Hampshire license and then carrying that in lieu of a PA License To Carry. There is no law making a resident have a PA license in order to carry concealed.

    As far as open carry. A federal civil rights lawsuit would be worth while, otherwise you are being played as a fool by the local PD and it seems that they will continue to play you as a fool.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pocono Mountains of PA
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    From the PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association) website:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMr06uKKdSo

    All their discussion on same is here:

    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...tehall-pd.html

    For the uninitiated, Whitehall, Pa. is in Lehigh County (the eastern part of the state). It is a suburb of Allentown in the Lehigh Valley region.


    The video suggests you have a good sharp mind when pressed and you are to be commended for that but to a large extent you appear to be ignorant of the law in so far as to how to use it as an "educational tool."

    Have a good look at the "Law" page at the forum entry and make a copy of "Practicing Pro Se". Look at all of it, make a copy of it. Look specifically at 42 USC 1983. Look specifically at Ex Partie Young. These two topics alone should get some "juices" turning.

    Just calling the head of the local police department doesn't work, as you've seen in the past - but and action initiated in the PA Commonwealth Court and/or the US 3rd District will definately get the attention of not only the local police chief - but his/her superiors as well.

    Something to think about ....

    tyc

  17. #17
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Responded on the site-
    The officers are "responding to concerned citizenry" about a "man with a gun."
    That's cool, it's a fun little game. The officers are hoping that you'll get tired of playing the game and will stop doing it.

    I suggest a new strategy I modestly call "Let the Wookie win." Be a cooperative citizen. Call them on a Daily Basis and tell them that you're about to exit the house with a gun. Give them an address and description. Offer to wait for the nice officers.

    Police officers are busy people and sometimes there are scheduling conflicts, offer your schedule and see if they're available next Tuesday at 3PM on the corner of Maple and Main. If they can't make it, offer to re-schedule. Be polite, they're often under a lot of pressure.

    If they don't get tired of the game after a week or two, call them on a Daily Basis AND every time you arrive/depart a new location. Again, be cooperative; give them a description, give them your name and location and offer to wait. If the nice officers don't show up within what you believe is a reasonable time, call and remind them you're a "man with a gun" and tell them that since you're leaving the current location you'll happily call again from the next.

    Above all be polite and cooperative with law enforcement; if they're concerned about "armed people walking around" and feel a need to investigate then you're doing the right thing by warning them that you're armed and walking around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •