• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF to ban many shotguns?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is inviting public comments on its new rule regarding shotguns. It plans to ban them.

There will be a ban on imports. (Note: watch prices rise on those already in the USA.)

The basis of this ban will be the guns’ semi-automatic status. It(sic) the magazine has more than five rounds, the weapon will be banned.

Why? Because the BATF designates these as “military.”

http://visiontoamerica.org/10000/atf-seeks-ban-on-shotguns-over-5-rounds/

kcgunfan

Please notice that lack of primary sources for this article. Trash like this is not worth the paper it is not written on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

kcgunfan

I did not say it wasn't real, I said the article was trash because it did not have any sources to back up its claims. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

So much (again) for the Constitution of the United States (Article I, Section 9, Clause 3).

My 870 is fully furnished.

Gunslinger

The direction of the SS under that lying, pos holder has always been clear. We'll see how he likes Contempt of Congress. A nice room with a view is waiting for the ********** at Danbury.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
There was a rider placed in last years budget bill that prohibits the ATF from restricting importation of shotguns. This is last years news.

Last edited:

CO-Joe

Please notice that lack of primary sources for this article. Trash like this is not worth the paper it is not written on.

People, shotguns with greater than 5 round capacity are *already* banned from import, whether the firearm is semi-auto, pump or otherwise. And it didn't come from ATF bureaucratic edict, it is law. It's right in the U.S.C, y'all are about 20 years behind with the times. That legislation was passed in the 90's. If you want a shotgun with greater than 5 round capacity, it either has to be made in the USA or have enough compliance parts to get around the import ban, legally at least.

You know, we really aught to do something about all of that.

Shoobee

View attachment 8516
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is inviting public comments on its new rule regarding shotguns. It plans to ban them.

There will be a ban on imports. (Note: watch prices rise on those already in the USA.)

The basis of this ban will be the guns’ semi-automatic status. It(sic) the magazine has more than five rounds, the weapon will be banned.

Why? Because the BATF designates these as “military.”

http://visiontoamerica.org/10000/atf-seeks-ban-on-shotguns-over-5-rounds/

I always at least try to buy American anyway. Did so with Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Remington, and Mossberg.

Couldn't when I bought the CZ because my only other viable choice with everything on it that I wanted was Sig Sauer.

Last edited:

Mas49.56

People, shotguns with greater than 5 round capacity are *already* banned from import, whether the firearm is semi-auto, pump or otherwise. And it didn't come from ATF bureaucratic edict, it is law. It's right in the U.S.C, y'all are about 20 years behind with the times. That legislation was passed in the 90's. If you want a shotgun with greater than 5 round capacity, it either has to be made in the USA or have enough compliance parts to get around the import ban, legally at least.

You know, we really aught to do something about all of that.

Yep, my SPAS12 was one of the last imported with the evil folding stock and full mag capacity. Sadly, it's mostly a safe queen now.