• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Memorial Day

Hevymetal

Thank you for those that have served on behalf of all of us.

God rest the souls of those who did not return, you will not be forgotten.

Hevy

B

Bikenut

This is NOT a "happy" day.

This is a day when we should be remembering that our sons and daughters... our flesh and blood chilren.. died horrible deaths on battle fields... terrible agonizing deaths and in their last moments they realized that they would never ever....

see another sunrise

see another sunset

kiss their child

change a poopy diaper

get drunk with their friends and then maybe pay homage to the porcelain God

eat a hot pizza

shake the hand of a true friend

hold hands with the one they love

make sweaty love with their lover... maybe even making another child at the same time

wake up in the morning and experience that oh so wonderful feeling of .... peeing

take a good satisfying healthy dump

and so many other simple things in life that we all never even think about and take for granted just so...

Other people can bitch about how much money the government doesn't give them in food stamps

Or bitch about how wars are just to protect money men

Or bitch about how whatever they selfishly want trumps "rights"

Or bitch about... any damn thing they wanna bitch about...

Never understanding that these men and women died... gave up everything...

for them to have the freedom to.............

bitch.

This is NOT a happy day... this is a day of mourning... a day of sadness... a day when folks should understand that others have died miserable horrible deaths just so...

we all have the freedom to bitch as we have a backyard bar b que and sit around drinking drink beer today.

This truly is a sad day indeed.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
This is NOT a "happy" day.

This is a day when we should be remembering that our sons and daughters... our flesh and blood chilren.. died horrible deaths on battle fields... terrible agonizing deaths and in their last moments they realized that they would never ever....

see another sunrise

see another sunset

kiss their child

change a poopy diaper

get drunk with their friends and then maybe pay homage to the porcelain God

eat a hot pizza

shake the hand of a true friend

hold hands with the one they love

make sweaty love with their lover... maybe even making another child at the same time

wake up in the morning and experience that oh so wonderful feeling of .... peeing

take a good satisfying healthy dump

and so many other simple things in life that we all never even think about and take for granted just so...

Other people can bitch about how much money the government doesn't give them in food stamps

Or bitch about how wars are just to protect money men

Or bitch about how whatever they selfishly want trumps "rights"

Or bitch about... any damn thing they wanna bitch about...

Never understanding that these men and women died... gave up everything...

for them to have the freedom to.............

bitch.

This is NOT a happy day... this is a day of mourning... a day of sadness... a day when folks should understand that others have died miserable horrible deaths just so...

we all have the freedom to bitch as we have a backyard bar b que and sit around drinking drink beer today.

This truly is a sad day indeed.

I, for one, am glad such men exist; they have my eternal gratitude.

Yance

freedom? More troops die every week and freedom is disappearing here. I don't think we're getting killed in the defense of freedom anymore.

Its because were fighting the wrong enemy.

When I enlisted I swore to protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. We've got so caught up in the foriegn enemies that we are completely missing the domestic ones we have here on our own soil that threaten many of our rights. We forgot that the military wasnt created to invade other countries, it wasnt created to free other countries people, it was created to protect our land from invasion and being taken over. It was created to defend the rights we fought so hard to gain. We established our military to make sure that as a people we never lost our rights again to another power hungry oppressor.

As a veteran it pains and disgusts me that my brothers and sister in arms have died so the leaders of this country can become more power hungry and limit the rights of the individuals they serve. They enact laws that allow them to detain U.S. citizens without due process for the "suspicion of terrorism", they all but take away our right to assemble in an area controlled by the secret service, they threaten our right to bear arms and any other freedoms we enjoy in this country by signing treaties with the U.N. They protect the criminal acts of others (A.G. Holder and the ATF) and each day in some way more of our rights are slipping away and our constitution being trampled.

...and the sad part is no one will stand up and do anything because now, if you decide its time we take this country back from these traitors and wannabe dictators, you are labeled a terrorist and your face slammed on the news and your name slandered because our leaders, who swore to uphold the constitution, dont want to lose the power they so greadily stole in the first place.

When I'm older I fear that instead of explaining what a VHS tape was to my children I will have to explain what the constitution was because at this rate it wont be around much longer.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

When I enlisted I swore to protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. We've got so caught up in the foriegn enemies that we are completely missing the domestic ones we have here on our own soil that threaten many of our rights. We forgot that the military wasnt created to invade other countries, it wasnt created to free other countries people, it was created to protect our land from invasion and being taken over. It was created to defend the rights we fought so hard to gain. We established our military to make sure that as a people we never lost our rights again to another power hungry oppressor.

As a veteran it pains and disgusts me that my brothers and sister in arms have died so the leaders of this country can become more power hungry and limit the rights of the individuals they serve. They enact laws that allow them to detain U.S. citizens without due process for the "suspicion of terrorism", they all but take away our right to assemble in an area controlled by the secret service, they threaten our right to bear arms and any other freedoms we enjoy in this country by signing treaties with the U.N. They protect the criminal acts of others (A.G. Holder and the ATF) and each day in some way more of our rights are slipping away and our constitution being trampled.

...and the sad part is no one will stand up and do anything because now, if you decide its time we take this country back from these traitors and wannabe dictators, you are labeled a terrorist and your face slammed on the news and your name slandered because our leaders, who swore to uphold the constitution, dont want to lose the power they so greadily stole in the first place.

When I'm older I fear that instead of explaining what a VHS tape was to my children I will have to explain what the constitution was because at this rate it wont be around much longer.

Letter to the Editor- of every newspaper you can find.

NHCGRPR45

Well said, Sir. I joined to make sure my kids would have a future in this country. I didn't know it at the time that I would meet some of the finest, most honorable men and women on this Earth. I didn't know the friends I would make, or the ones I would loose. A pact of expierences that no one but the men I would fight with would understand. But I am certain that even though I didn't always like or agree with the battles I would fight I knew that I was doing the right thing for the men to my right and left. And that was really all that mattered.