Thread: Need help on Federal gun free law and church & schools.

Need help on Federal gun free law and church & schools.

NVM. So dumb, Elementary is "Kindergarten" and older

Doesn't matter my Church doesn't have a school.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 05-28-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Careful! You're not old enough to have Senior Moments like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Careful! You're not old enough to have Senior Moments like the rest of us.
    Took me about 5-10 minutes to figure it out..

I hope we can work on this school thing at lobby day next year. Because it sucks for people who go to church that run a Preschool-K. Makes it a disarm zone. I think Utah? now allows OC in schools just not CC. They got around that big federal law.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 05-29-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Yes, and just to make Peter Nap's Wheaties taste like ammonia, we shoud remember that Michigan allows OC at schools - if you have a CLP/CHP/CCW/note from your nanny.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Yes, and just to make Peter Nap's Wheaties taste like ammonia, we shoud remember that Michigan allows OC at schools - if you have a CLP/CHP/CCW/note from your nanny.

stay safe.
    Doesn't bother me. It's not Va!
    Kinda like Wisconsin....I can't be bothered with udder states!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Took me about 5-10 minutes to figure it out..

I hope we can work on this school thing at lobby day next year. Because it sucks for people who go to church that run a Preschool-K. Makes it a disarm zone. I think Utah? now allows OC in schools just not CC. They got around that big federal law.
    Utah has for longer than I've oc'd allowed ANYONE who has been issued a concealed carry permit by any State or County to carry in public schools (K-12 & colleges or universities). Some of the colleges and universities are making noises and threat of charging OC'ers with disturbing the peace or interference of a school function but to date no one that I know of has actually been charged.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

The whole no carry in school zones thing got me this weekend. I had to remain in the car while my wife and kids went into the school zone.