• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help on Federal gun free law and church & schools.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
:lol:

Careful! You're not old enough to have Senior Moments like the rest of us.:lol:

ocholsteroc

:lol:

Careful! You're not old enough to have Senior Moments like the rest of us.:lol:

Took me about 5-10 minutes to figure it out..

I hope we can work on this school thing at lobby day next year. Because it sucks for people who go to church that run a Preschool-K. Makes it a disarm zone. I think Utah? now allows OC in schools just not CC. They got around that big federal law.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yes, and just to make Peter Nap's Wheaties taste like ammonia, we shoud remember that Michigan allows OC at schools - if you have a CLP/CHP/CCW/note from your nanny.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes, and just to make Peter Nap's Wheaties taste like ammonia, we shoud remember that Michigan allows OC at schools - if you have a CLP/CHP/CCW/note from your nanny.

stay safe.

Doesn't bother me. It's not Va!:p
Kinda like Wisconsin....I can't be bothered with udder states!:eek:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Took me about 5-10 minutes to figure it out..

I hope we can work on this school thing at lobby day next year. Because it sucks for people who go to church that run a Preschool-K. Makes it a disarm zone. I think Utah? now allows OC in schools just not CC. They got around that big federal law.

Utah has for longer than I've oc'd allowed ANYONE who has been issued a concealed carry permit by any State or County to carry in public schools (K-12 & colleges or universities). Some of the colleges and universities are making noises and threat of charging OC'ers with disturbing the peace or interference of a school function but to date no one that I know of has actually been charged.

Bowesmobile

The whole no carry in school zones thing got me this weekend. I had to remain in the car while my wife and kids went into the school zone.