• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Meet June 9th 5pm

Jim40Cal

I am new to the site and interested in listing in and joining in on the meet. Is this open to family's and friends as well as my wife and kids would be joining me as well as friend of mine from work? As we are new to OC and CCW and would like to learn more about the rights and laws the do's and don'ts.

Welcome jrshine25
I also live in Independence and have carried for about three years now. Have never really had a problem here except with one officer who didn't know the laws. Anyway come to the meeting this Sat and bring anyone you want to. I'm bringing my wife and 6 year old daughter. Also my son and a friend of his might be coming.

jrshine25

Welcome jrshine25
I also live in Independence and have carried for about three years now. Have never really had a problem here except with one officer who didn't know the laws. Anyway come to the meeting this Sat and bring anyone you want to. I'm bringing my wife and 6 year old daughter. Also my son and a friend of his might be coming.

Thank you glad to be here and will see you there. Im guessing here but im amusing everyone will be carrying as well.

jrshine25

Keep seeing comments of people saying you need paperwork to oc can anyone confirm true or false. Will be carrying in kcmo independence lee's summit manly.

DWCook

Activist Member
Open carry is open carry, no paperwork required as you are not concealing it (Missouri that is). Just remember some places in Missouri do not allow OC, other than that you are good.

jrshine25

Thanks again for all the info! Is there some kind of map can look at for oc in kc and surrounding area's? Sry for all the question's just new to oc trying to get facts and boundaries clear as I do not want to break the law or give OCing a bad Rep by being the new guy. All the help is greatly appreciated.

SixGunCowboy

Thanks again for all the info! Is there some kind of map can look at for oc in kc and surrounding area's? Sry for all the question's just new to oc trying to get facts and boundaries clear as I do not want to break the law or give OCing a bad Rep by being the new guy. All the help is greatly appreciated.

If you go to the main page of opencarry.org, you can find a link to the maps section which will give you a general idea of where OC is allowed "state-wise." For more information, you will have to do in-depth research as to local ordinances and all where you can carry "loaded" or "unloaded." Or where it is, or is not allowed. Of course, because of constantly changing climates concerning guns, conceal and open carry, any information you get here, you should not take as legal advice, but general information only. I would consult your local Police departments for further information.

DWCook

Activist Member
okay stupid question, which IHOP in Lee Summit, MO? I Google searched it and there are two!

211 NW Executive Way Ste E, Lees Summit, MO 64063

OR

628 NE State Route 291, Lees Summit, MO 64086

jrshine25

Dumb question time can anyone tell me or post lees summits loaded or unloaded law(s) as i have had some family issues past few days and have not been able to researched the area as much as i would have liked to befor todays meet.

@ jim40cal sry to here that hope things get better.

kcgunfan

I don't know how you guys always plan these when I'm out of town, it's a good thing I don't take things personally.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Big Boy

Hey guys, been out of the KC loop for a while considering my move. How was the meet? Very many people? Are they still growing as they were?