• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PIF - New Open Carry dot org Coin

WOD

If Themis were around today, I imagine it would be pretty pissed off, and would be itching to use those swords.....
and yes,

I'm In.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I apparently missed it somehow but what is the purpose of these coins?

Challenge coin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A challenge coin is a small coin or medallion (usually military), bearing an organization’s insignia or emblem and carried by the organization’s members. Traditionally, they are given to prove membership when challenged and to enhance morale. In addition, they are also collected by service members. In practice, challenge coins are normally presented by unit commanders in recognition of special achievement by a member of the unit. They are also exchanged in recognition of visits to an organization. [1]

Jayd1981

Challenge coin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They left out the most important use of challenge coins. When you all are at the bar, everyone pulls out their highest coin (by the rank that gave the coin out) and the one with the lowest ranking coin has to pay for the beers. A buddy of mine never lost cause he has one from President Clinton.