• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How's this for open carry

Bellum_Intus

Well, ok, it's in my back pasture range setup.. but hey.. GREAT Memorial day..
Was working on Advance and fire drills with a friend.

--Rob

mtf6.jpg

Bellum_Intus

Why are my threads so popular!

I should post something controversial!
I prefer open carry with Pie, not cake.. now THAT should get some posts!

--Rob

XD4ME

Pie doesn't have the knockdown power of a good fruit cake . You would need to carry extra pies instead of just one fruit cake .

Bellum_Intus

Pie doesn't have the knockdown power of a good fruit cake . You would need to carry extra pies instead of just one fruit cake .

True, but the accuracy of Pie is much greater and I can put more pies on target in less time than with the fruitcake..

--Rob

gobbly

the deterrent factor with pie beats cake hands down! One look at a pie, and joe badguy becomes so enamored with your delectable munitions that he instantly forgets his bad intentions and start looking for a fork!

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I would love to come out and learn / run drills. Once I get my AR and build it up. :(

Always welcome!

I heard that California and the Peoples Republic of Denver passed a new law prohibiting openly displaying foodstuffs of any kind, I guess we'll have to figure out how to conceal the pie now.. It's also been rumored that use of Fruitcake as a deterrent is being opposed by the Food Network.

--Rob

Last edited:

zach

I'd be happy to try my 7mm-08, it works slightly better than fruitcake.

I refer to them as grass maggots, but they are tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bellum_Intus

I'd be happy to try my 7mm-08, it works slightly better than fruitcake.

I refer to them as grass maggots, but they are tasty!

LOL!! Yes they are.. I work down in Pueblo West, so I take the back roads down to I25 / PPIR and head south.. I almost plowed a 'grass maggot' the other day coming home.. I think a road kill tag is $35.00.. but the damage to my car would have REALLY upset me..

--Rob

Bellum_Intus

Holy.. crap..

I just came back in from 2 hours under the house..
Out here in Truckton we had several small tornados .. First time in 10 years out here the Sheriff actually activated reverse 911 and basically said "seek shelter now, a tornado has been spotted in your area" ..

I HOPE my range stuff is still in one piece... >.< .. typical gun owner.. to heck with the house.. is the range ok? :p

--Rob

Last edited:

1supra

I was watching that on the news. Scooted right by us without a single drop of rain. Glad your ok, but how's the range? lol :D

1supra

I'll find out in the morning.. lol .. Man I need to outfit my crawlspace... 2 hours down there really stunk..

--Rob

Add some furniture, rugs, tv, radio, mini fridge? Also some air fresheners? Man cave? lol

OK. range stuff ok, lost the roof of my storage trailer though >.<

--Rob

That's no good. Is it gone gone or just off the trailer?