Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Purchased my first plastic gun!

  1. #1
    Regular Member porterhouse83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wheat Ridge Colorado
    Posts
    145

    Purchased my first plastic gun!

    Got myself a gen4 glock19 and my girl bought a S&W m&p 9c. I am very happy with the purchases. The 9mm round is in my opinion a perfect little round for defense. I see no need for a .40 when there is .357 mags, 357 sig, 10mm, and .45s. Glock is no 1911 which is my first choice but it sure is nice for many reasons.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Just be careful not to suffer with "Glock Leg Syndrome" .. =)

    Your trigger finger is your best safe.. heh

    --Rob

  3. #3
    Regular Member porterhouse83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wheat Ridge Colorado
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    Just be careful not to suffer with "Glock Leg Syndrome" .. =)

    Your trigger finger is your best safe.. heh

    --Rob
    Seeing how I practice regularly drawing my firearm and know not to ever touch the trigger as you draw I don't see that being a problem and I don't use one of the holsters where you have a latch on the trigger guard and need to push the button in order to draw your gun. If I suffer from idiot syndrome I do not need to be carrying a firearm.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    Just be careful not to suffer with "Glock Leg Syndrome" .. =)

    Your trigger finger is your best safe.. heh

    --Rob
    No, your brain is. If a person used that each time before the trigger finger...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  5. #5
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by porterhouse83 View Post
    Seeing how I practice regularly drawing my firearm and know not to ever touch the trigger as you draw I don't see that being a problem and I don't use one of the holsters where you have a latch on the trigger guard and need to push the button in order to draw your gun. If I suffer from idiot syndrome I do not need to be carrying a firearm.
    It was kinda a joke, I kid a lot.. I know nobody in the Colorado forum anyway suffers from ID10T syndrome =)

    Great firearm, and I agree with you on the 9mm thing. While in the Army, someone once told me ".45 caliber makes up for bad marksmanship" lol..

    --Rob

  6. #6
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    No, your brain is. If a person used that each time before the trigger finger...
    Too true.. Too true..

    --Rob
    Last edited by Bellum_Intus; 05-29-2012 at 01:29 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member porterhouse83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wheat Ridge Colorado
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    It was kinda a joke, I kid a lot.. I know nobody in the Colorado forum anyway suffers from ID10T syndrome =)

    Great firearm, and I agree with you on the 9mm thing. While in the Army, someone once told me ".45 caliber makes up for bad marksmanship" lol..

    --Rob
    I knew you were kidding . I was just sayin. Shooting yourself in the leg is as dumb as it gets lol.

    ps. I don't know what to say to the marksmanship comment, thats too funny!
    Last edited by porterhouse83; 05-29-2012 at 01:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by porterhouse83 View Post
    I knew you were kidding . I was just sayin. Shooting yourself in the leg is as dumb as it gets lol.
    haha! pretty much.. I dry present at least 10 minutes a day with my TEN year old 92FS.. I do train quite a bit in close quarter defense scenarios as well (firing from Close Guard Position) so I am a bit obsessive with safe presentation and TONS of dry fire.

    Enjoy, and if you ever want some free range time, let me know, my pasture is my range.. =)

    --Rob

  9. #9
    Regular Member porterhouse83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wheat Ridge Colorado
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    haha! pretty much.. I dry present at least 10 minutes a day with my TEN year old 92FS.. I do train quite a bit in close quarter defense scenarios as well (firing from Close Guard Position) so I am a bit obsessive with safe presentation and TONS of dry fire.

    Enjoy, and if you ever want some free range time, let me know, my pasture is my range.. =)

    --Rob
    I got to b e honest, I have been dying to find a place to shoot outside of a public range. I do not feel safe at public ranges. I know I could learn a lot from you too. I do not practice the stuff you practice so your abilities far out way mine.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by porterhouse83 View Post
    I got to b e honest, I have been dying to find a place to shoot outside of a public range. I do not feel safe at public ranges. I know I could learn a lot from you too. I do not practice the stuff you practice so your abilities far out way mine.
    I am hoping to knock out an NRA Intsructor course this summer so I can start training, I finally found someone locally who provides the classes sooo.. =)

    I can give you tips for sure, but don't want to start training until I have the Certification done and I have INSURANCE (trainers) :P
    I see you are in Wheatridge, I think that's about 2-2.5 hours from me.

    --Rob

  11. #11
    Regular Member porterhouse83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wheat Ridge Colorado
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    I am hoping to knock out an NRA Intsructor course this summer so I can start training, I finally found someone locally who provides the classes sooo.. =)

    I can give you tips for sure, but don't want to start training until I have the Certification done and I have INSURANCE (trainers) :P
    I see you are in Wheatridge, I think that's about 2-2.5 hours from me.

    --Rob
    Yeah its a drive lol

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    Enjoy, and if you ever want some free range time, let me know, my pasture is my range.. =)

    --Rob
    You know what might be cool? A Saturday potluck with an afternoon shoot and evening cookout! I have a friend east of Peyton who hosts an annual get-together, usually beginning around noon. It's an over-nighter, including whatever you want grilled over an open fire. As for dossing, he simply says "bring your camping gear" and offers his range. Farm-style breakfast with about three dozen eggs scrambled in a massive 24" skillet.

    Good times!

    Just an idea...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  13. #13
    Regular Member 1supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    You know what might be cool? A Saturday potluck with an afternoon shoot and evening cookout! I have a friend east of Peyton who hosts an annual get-together, usually beginning around noon. It's an over-nighter, including whatever you want grilled over an open fire. As for dossing, he simply says "bring your camping gear" and offers his range. Farm-style breakfast with about three dozen eggs scrambled in a massive 24" skillet.

    Good times!

    Just an idea...
    This, or a lunch meet and greet then head out to said pasture range and cookout.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    You know what might be cool? A Saturday potluck with an afternoon shoot and evening cookout! I have a friend east of Peyton who hosts an annual get-together, usually beginning around noon. It's an over-nighter, including whatever you want grilled over an open fire. As for dossing, he simply says "bring your camping gear" and offers his range. Farm-style breakfast with about three dozen eggs scrambled in a massive 24" skillet.

    Good times!

    Just an idea...
    That'd be cool.. I've only got one lane w/ 10 /25/ 50 /100 yard markers.. I'll be building more lanes, but my neighbor gets mad at my constant "hey can I borrow the bobcat again?"

    --Rob

  15. #15
    Regular Member 1supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    That'd be cool.. I've only got one lane w/ 10 /25/ 50 /100 yard markers.. I'll be building more lanes, but my neighbor gets mad at my constant "hey can I borrow the bobcat again?"

    --Rob
    I don't have a bobcat, but I'm willing to donate time to help.

  16. #16
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by 1supra View Post
    I don't have a bobcat, but I'm willing to donate time to help.
    Ditto
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    Ditto
    Woot free labor! .. Anyway, lets take this to my 'hows this for open carry' thread as to not get too far off topic on the OP's thread =)

    --Rob

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    That'd be cool.. I've only got one lane w/ 10 /25/ 50 /100 yard markers.. I'll be building more lanes, but my neighbor gets mad at my constant "hey can I borrow the bobcat again?"

    --Rob
    Well, we can just take turns.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •