• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from a new member

HotLead

Hello, I have been reading this forum almost daily for two years and, yes, I have not posted; just joined today. I CC for the first year and thanks to all your help in this forum I have been carrying open for most of this year. I was at the cookout when Squeak ‘salted’ his name in the drawing and won the gun. On the few times I get asked about OC I always talk about this group. The last time was at the new Win-Co in Bremerton. A 20-year-old worker asked about OC and can’t wait until he is 21. I told him to go on this site for a couple of months to see what u-all do with OC.

The reason I have never posted is because my spelling is so bad (got my wife to proof this). So now the reason to finely make the plunge into a forum is I need some help. My daughter (active US Coast Guard) is getting married to an EMT. Their wedding is next week. I am renting a western tux and the wedding is gun friendly. My problem, I need a black western holster for my S&W model 27 fancy enough to go on a tux. I know you all don’t know me but I feel I know lots of you. If you have a fancy black holster and are willing to lend it for a day to make a Coastie happy, let me know. Thanks for all of you being here and willing to help all the new people to OC.

do not touch.jpg
The betrothed

decklin

Welcome

Welcome to the forum! Wish I could help you out with the holster but I don't own that type.
Don't worry about your spelling. There are a ton of bad spellers on this site. The biggest mistake I see is people confusing lose with loose.
Congratulations to your daughter and again, welcome!

WOD

Welcome to the forum, gotta love guns and weddings. Sorry, can't help you out, I don't have a black holster that isn't made for my G 21.

HotLead

Thanks

Hi,
I hope this doesn’t break the rules, but I am here with my dad reading the responses to his post. Thank you for all the well wishes. With my dad’s help I started open carrying when in WA. Sadly, the rules for open carry have gotten less friendly in CA where I am stationed. Now I can only open carry my shotgun (or other long gun if I had one). This is not very practical when going around town, although I have, on occasion, when going to Starbucks.

Levi, thank you for the links to the gun belts, I really like them. If these are ones that you would be able to loan, we don’t have time to buy one at this time as the wedding is next Tuesday, that would be wonderful. The one my dad and I both like is

If you are able to loan it to us, we can pick it up when traveling through Tacoma. Or, you could wear one of your other ones and bring it to the wedding yourself if you would like to attend. It is gun friendly. :D You can PM to let my dad know, if you also let him know how to respond to one being new to posting, and I can e-mail you an invitation.

Levi

Sadly, no. I currently only own a Galco. You're welcome to borrow it but I doubt it will meet your needs.

HotLead

Wedding Photos

Open Carry Collage.jpg Open Carry Collage2.jpg

I finally gave up waiting for pictures so I flew down to CA to see my daughter. Despite a little bit of rain it was a great wedding. I would especially like to thank Les for loaning me the gun belt and Tom for the double-barreled shotgun. Upon seeing several of the wedding party and guests walking around with firearms, the park ranger told the groom that this King County Park was a gun free zone. The ranger had pulled him off to the side, as there was something that he wanted to talk to him about. He told my son-in-law that he was concerned about the man, myself, who was wearing a gun and carrying a large shotgun. He went on to tell the groom that it was not aloud. That the employees were not aloud to carry at work and neither was the public aloud to carry there. Beings that it was his wedding, he and I did not want to make a scene by disagreeing so he explained that the shotgun was a prop gun and unloaded. He negated to tell him about all the other concealed, and open carry guns that were also present. Including my daughter’s .40 XD in a thigh holster under her dress. Unfortunately due to the ranger’s reluctant acceptance of the firearms present, the ranger refused to extend the rental time, and the wedding reception was a bit rushed. Although they had previously told my daughter that it would simply be a matter of an additional fee for each extra hour that was added on. The friends and family present, however, pitched in and everyone helped in both the rushed set up of the reception, and the hurried break down after. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.
Sometime in the future, I would like to invite anyone who would like to go there for an open carry meeting at the park. Perhaps having a barbeque picnic and a hike, followed by a tour through their education center. :D

Last edited:

Vitaeus

Umm, I am a bit confused, was the wedding in a park in California or in Washington State? If it was up here, you got scammed by the "Ranger", public parks are most definitely NOT "gun free zones" and if he disallowed your paying for and utilizing the park he just violated your civil rights by discriminating against your wedding party.

cites:
http://www.wasupremecourtblog.com/2...ttles-ban-on-firearms-in-city-parks-rejected/

Last edited:

WOD

Thanks for the pics, and you did get railroaded by the Ranger... Know your Rights, and the Laws, and you'll know better next time someone with authority tries to enforce opinion over law.

HotLead

The wedding was held at Rattlesnake Lake in North Bend at the King County water shed; yes I knew our rights. Most of the family and guests were gun friendly or at least neutral, although a few were anti gun. It would have been counterproductive to make a scene at my daughter’s wedding. Since, as far as the time extension we had a set contract for 6:00. Yes they “said” that an extension was possible, but any arguing would not have gained anything. If it aint in writing it is worth the paper it is written on, aka lack thereof. It would have been interesting if the ranger had confronted me directly, I would have given him a lesson on WA gun laws. I was OC a Smith & Wesson model 27 that was passed down to me by my father. He is 93 now, and enjoyed the wedding a lot; it was a great wedding all around. As far as CA goes that is where they are living now, so I am just visiting. I can’t wait to get back to my XDM (and wife). It feels so funny to not carry for a whole two weeks.

Boomboy007

What a great wedding!

The kids looked great, the scenery was beautiful, and you cleaned up real nice, HotLead! I know that you were looking for a black holster, but I think the brown actually complimented your outfit BETTER than a matching black one would have done.

Boy, if the SHTF, I know whose family I am going to try to visit!

Congratulations!!!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Congratulations and great pics !

Question? Has anyone contacted the park Service to complain about the Ranger's lack of knowledge? if not it NEEDS to happen ASAP. I just looked up the info on the park and see that in the Education Center Rules they ban firearms except law enforcement. The park is owned by the City of Seattle and falls under preemption as well as Chan v Seattle.
The City of Seattle’s Cedar River Municipal Watershed is carefully managed to support and supply clean drinking water to 1.4 million people in the greater Seattle area. The watershed covers 90,638 acres and is owned by the City of Seattle.

if no one has written to them yet, I will take the lead and run with it and straighten this out. Let me know....

-Bill

HotLead

contacted the park Service

"M1Gunr
Congratulations and great pics !

Question? Has anyone contacted the park Service to complain about the Ranger's lack of knowledge? if not it NEEDS to happen ASAP. I just looked up the info on the park and see that in the Education Center Rules they ban firearms except law enforcement. The park is owned by the City of Seattle and falls under preemption as well as Chan v Seattle."

Thanks, living in Kitsap County I don’t get over to the east side that much. I had planned to get back after the wedding but haven’t. If OC.ORG had a meet and greet in the open park below and then mosey on up to the visitor center. I would defiantly try to make it there if it was on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks Boomboy007, both kids are excellent shots and I would definitely trust them when SHTF happens. Like I said before, my rights were temporally suspended to facilitate a wedding for a great couple. With my daughter packing, even with a double barrel you “don’t piss off the she bear”. I still haven’t ordered a holster for the S&W 27 so maybe I should get a brown one.