Thread: Motorcycle road trip, a few questions

Motorcycle road trip, a few questions

Hey all,

I was viewing the main site and was a bit confused by the maps.

I currently live in Wisconsin and have a concealed carry permit. But I will be taking a road trip on my motorcycle this summer and I am heading west to Yellowstone.

I had planned on carrying my 9mm on my hip in an open carry fashion. The whole oc, permit, travel, constitutional differences are getting me confused.

So basically what I am asking:

As a state of Wisconsin resident with a CC permit (if that even matters) where am I not allowed to Open Carry? And if I were to pass through one of these states with my pistol unloaded in a locked saddle bag on my motorcycle would I get in trouble?

Herr Heckler Koch
    You should be familiar with the Firearm Owners Protection Act, in P.L. 99-308 codified as 18 USC 921 and its Safe Passage Provision.

Oh, welcome to OCDO. Come on down to OCDO-WI

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...?133-Wisconsin
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 05-29-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximumbob View Post
    Hey all,

I was viewing the main site and was a bit confused by the maps.

I currently live in Wisconsin and have a concealed carry permit. But I will be taking a road trip on my motorcycle this summer and I am heading west to Yellowstone.

I had planned on carrying my 9mm on my hip in an open carry fashion. The whole oc, permit, travel, constitutional differences are getting me confused.

So basically what I am asking:

As a state of Wisconsin resident with a CC permit (if that even matters) where am I not allowed to Open Carry? And if I were to pass through one of these states with my pistol unloaded in a locked saddle bag on my motorcycle would I get in trouble?
    I may be wrong about this since I can not open the document I want from here at work, but I believe that you are not allowed to OC while on a motorcycle in SD for some reason.

You will be ok to OC in Wyoming
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--