• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Guns more than gangs are fueling city's violence, police say..."

Beretta92FSLady

I wonder what the solution to the Firearm Problem is than: Ban firearms in certain venues in Seattle?; wait, preemption. It looks like Seattle is going to have to focus on the gang issue--the people in the gangs--not the inanimate objects they use to shoot at other thugs--missing of course, and hitting innocent civilians.

I wonder though: has anyone thought of possibly offering free range time to gang members so that when they do shoot at one another they will hit their intended target?--it seems a better solution that what this article seems to be implying:

""A person who has a gun is more likely to use a gun," said Metz after the weekly council briefing." http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018310111_policebriefing30m.html

Last edited:

gsx1138

Cops backing a local political agenda! Say it ain't so! More tired crap, from crappy crap heads who don't know crap about the crap they are crapping. Perhaps they should ban guns and become a peaceful utopia like Chicago...

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Better outlaw child bearing, because people who have children are more likely to harm them! :rolleyes:

I was stabbed by a pencil once, we should outlaw those too.

We should outlaw cops because they commit a higher rate of violent crime than the general population. And statistically speaking cities with a higher police ratio have higher crime stats so that must mean crime is caused by police presence. (sarcasm)

Freedom1Man

I did 21 years in the Army, and almost 3 years now as an OC'er and have never pointed a loaded weapon at another living thing. So that argument is invalid.

So you don't hunt, interesting.... :p

That article was funny at best.

People without guns will find other ways to commit violence, knives, swords, bats, pipes, and more.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Now Diaz has a 'Deputy Chief' making inane comments...

The violent SPD is denying there is a gang problem. They do so at there peril. Gang problems grow, not shrink while in denial.

I demand that SPD Police Chief resign immediately and I demand that the remainder of the top SPD brass be expunged over the next 3 years.

acmariner99

I think I shall try writing a letter to the Mayor's office and maybe even the Governor. I don't think anybody will listen, but I think there is some sense (and some mild humor) in pro-2A members and organizations stating that we believe the level of violence is problematic, unacceptable, and something should be done about it. I will let y'all know what I come up with.

Metalhead47

03acaea7_facepalm.jpeg

Dave Workman

This was what I wrote Tuesday before Metz started talking:

:banghead:

Instead of guns, Seattle must declare war on gangs

Seattle, which had a pretty bad weekend for violence, still doesn’t hold a candle to the carnage that unfolded in Chicago, and the Jet City must now realize that their war is not against guns, but against gang bangers and other armed miscreants.

http://www.examiner.com/article/instead-of-guns-seattle-must-declare-war-on-gangs