• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pharmacy Employee: 1 -- Armed Robber: 0

Dreamer

Elkad

This happened just around the corner from where my sister lives in "the Grove".

http://www.wtrf.com/story/18630412/robbery-suspect-dead-in-pharmacy-shooting

http://www.wtrf.com/story/18647957/...nnection-to-elm-grove-medicine-shoppe-robbery

My question is why is the BG's accomplice not being charged with "Felony Murder"? Does WV not have a "felony murder" statute, or is the Ohio County DA just to lazy to make the case?

Accessory Before the Act, and Conspiracy. Sounds like she didn't go on the robbery, just helped him plan it from home?

IANAL, but I would guess you'd have to at least be present..

sawah

Glad to see they didn't identify the 'pharmacy employee'. Hope that person is held harmless by their employer and the law and not identified. My empathy goes out to them for having to live with taking a life, though they may not have had a choice. I don't believe the article stated the BG had a weapon. Evidently, the accomplice blabbed when they apprehended her giving them cause to charge her.

XD4ME

Glad to see they didn't identify the 'pharmacy employee'. Hope that person is held harmless by their employer and the law and not identified. My empathy goes out to them for having to live with taking a life, though they may not have had a choice. I don't believe the article stated the BG had a weapon. Evidently, the accomplice blabbed when they apprehended her giving them cause to charge her.

According to authorities an unknown white man entered the Elm Grove Pharmacy located at 101 E. Bethlehem Blvd. carrying a gun tried to hold up the store. A pharmacy employee then shot the man, killing him.

there ya go

twoskinsonemanns

Where is the article quoting the police chief thanking the pharmacy employee for stopping a robbery and possibly saving lives?
I'm sure it'll be forthcoming. :rolleyes: