• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I've noticed a trend..

M

McX

being polite, courteous, and quiet drives them nuts. i guess they expect us all to be gun slingers of old. i dont see any spit-toons in any of the places i go to, so i cant fit the stereo type. Plus i dont recall any robbers paying for their goods at the checkout.

so far one disparaging look, some conversations, and a fair amount of 'Moon-Eyes'.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Spit-toons have been replaced by buttkits/asstrays that will soon go the way of snuffboxes and buggy whips.

J_Oliver

I'm constantly educating people when they ask about my gun. And it seems there's a lot of uneducated people cause I constantly get asked about it. I just tell them that I love my family enough to protect them, or that I have a wife and 3 kids under 5 years old and in any altercation I'm automatically at a disadventage. To which I usually get the "but they're not with you at the moment, so why do you have it", my reply is simply "to make sure I get to go home to them at the end of the day". Done. I don't get too many strange looks, but I guess it's an attention grabber so I constantly get glances.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

berettabone

Banned
Personally, I don't ever OC.....don't want the trouble or hassle.......really do not want to attract attention to myself....I don't have anything against it, I just prefer to stay incognito.

Sorcice

Last night I was walking back from the bathroom at Denny's and a few low 20s ladies were walking up to pay their tab. One hid behind her friend and I could hear her say "oh my god he has a gun!! LOOK!" I chuckled and the waitress kinda laughed too. Her friend told her it was "legal and to chill". Then later I was out side talking and another patron asked if I would unholster so she could see it. I looked at her a bit dumbfounded and then explained what brandishing meant as well as safety issues of showing random strangers my sidearm. She understood and went to her car. Some people I swear. "Yeah sure you can see it. Let me know if you need help aiming or anything." Sigh.

M

McX

carried to the local S-Mart this morning. walked past an armored car as i went in, shopped in airconditioned comfort, got what i needed, and no one batted an eye. i was disappointed though; they were out of dehydrated gun.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

McX watch you step in Kmart i work for sears holding corp and they DO have corporate BullCrap no weapons policy please make sure to check the door every time you enter so you dont get caught in a no weapons zone they may not post or enforce the corp policy but if corp is on their backs im sure they will

M

McX

10-4 there guy, but i checked all the doors as i went in, and saw nothing, and no one approached me while i was shopping. modified my previous post to leave 'em guessing.

i should have checked the freezer section to see if they had any frozen gun.

Last edited:

NoTolerance

Out for a ride Sunday afternoon and stopped at the BP on Hwy 45 and Hwy C to grab a beverage.

After ringing me up, the clerk asked if I was under cover. That makes the third time someone has asked if I'm a cop now. I just replied, "Nope, I carry for self-defense." "Self-defense? Oh..." I smiled, and went on my way.

I also stopped at the St. Francis PD on Sunday to take care of a written warning. When the LEO came out to inspect my bike, I was carrying. He didn't say anything about it until he was heading back into the station. We had been discussing my tail light being the wrong color and he made the comment, "It's up to you if you want to wear it - I mean put it back on...." A bit of a Freudian slip? I just sort of chuckled.

oliverclotheshoff

10-4 there guy, but i checked all the doors as i went in, and saw nothing, and no one approached me while i was shopping. modified my previous post to leave 'em guessing.

i should have checked the freezer section to see if they had any frozen gun.

check the garden center they might have gun seed but i heard it only grows with 40 or 45 fertilizer