• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

arested for ccf when open carring

j4l

1, what other details do you need im not sure what to put. 2, because i thought it was legal wich in the past it was, 3, no i dont have a ccw in nv its not requiared to open carry.

... You REALLY REALLY REALLY need to read this entire forum from page 1- to page 20304050607607078080809890 , and then re-consider the above answer.

IF- OC were even remotely legal EVERYWHERE, or, even carrying at all, WHY would there even be a forum dedicated to attempting to get it so, in places where it is not? Why would it even be an issue worthy of discussing? Do you see forums like this for Driver's Licensing, for example? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Natural Selection is a wonderful thing to see in action...Have fun in Starke, someday.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

He did nothing wrong, illegal, or stupid. The only mistake he made was thinking he lived in a society where elected officials and law enforcement upheld the law.

Honestly, that's pretty stupid. One would have to live under a rock to believe that.

If his intent was to make a political statement in defiance of an unconstitutional law, more power to him. However, it more sounds like he was just completely ignorant and willfully uninformed, and is now whining that his ignorance should now excuse him from the consequences of his decision.

Rich7553

The fact that there was no response for more information fosters suspicion.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Andy,

Even if you are a troll, I think there's more to this than the second amendment. It took our country 221 years to "incorporate" the second amendment into the states, via the McDonald decision.

What it should boil down to isn't even an amendment. It's the constitution itself: Article 4, section 2.

It essentially asserts that if you've got a privilege (or immunity) in one state, then it's valid in every state. If you're married in New Jersey your marriage is good in Florida; if you have a license to drive in Florida, then it's your constitutionally protected right to take a trip across the entire country. Unfortunately, this is one of those sections of the constitution that has been thwarted by the tenth amendment because Feds have failed to "occupy the field," as it were.

So we have anomalies. If you're a lawyer in Florida you're a citizen in Georgia until you pass the bar. If You hold a gun license in Florida, good luck in California. This is where the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act can help (though it, too, has its holes). It would partially extend the privileges and immunities clause to the second amendment, and make reciprocity uniform throughout.

If this were to occur, Andy would likely spend less time at Shawshank.

Last edited:

MKEgal

#1. Way too little details.
#2. What were you doing OC in Florida, if on other than private property?
#3. In either event, did you have a CCW, to begin with?
Joseph Dufresne said:
1, what other details do you need im not sure what to put.
2, because i thought it was legal wich in the past it was,
3, no i dont have a ccw in nv its not requiared to open carry.
If you were open carrying, they can't charge you with carrying concealed. Or at least, it won't stick. Doesn't mean they won't drag you through the courts. (DAMHIK)
If you're in Florida, there are very limited times/places/circumstances where open carry is legal. If you can manage to argue that you fit one of those, a good lawyer could make the charge go away.
If you're in Nevada, why were you charged w/ cc when you were OC? What made them think you were concealing? That would be the "other details".

Joseph Dufresne said:
it should not be a matter of state to state that is the point. the second amendment dose not alow for states to do as they want in theses casses but people do not stand up for there rights.
If I'm reading this correctly (states should follow the Constitution) I agree.
That doesn't change the fact that they don't, & we have to fight them at every step to not only retain our rights but remove State infringements.

MagiK_SacK said:
Joseph Dufresne you need to know the laws of the state you are in, and abide by them. If you don't like them, then move or just don't go there. Better yet, lobby the elected officials to make the required changes.
What he said.