• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member posting from Parker, CO....

mobiushky

Thought I'd post my latest OC experience. I was able to take my 16yr old daughter to Wal-mart in Centennial and spent the trip over explaining our rights and the "what ifs" of a possible "incident." Anyway, I'm needed ammo, so I went straight to the ammo counter. After waiting a while, the guy came and unlocked the cabinet and got my packs. While he was getting them he asked me about the gun I was carrying. Asked why I wasn't covering it with my t-shirt, did I need a permit, was this all legal, stuff like that. I answered all his questions both politely and with a little enthusiasm kind had fun getting to teach the guy a little about the law. He said, "that's really cool. I've been thinking about getting a gun and didn't know the laws." We talked about 5 mins or so about the laws and guns etc. He thanked me for explaining and told me to have a great day. I walked out feeling kind of jazzed. Told my daughter "and that's exactly why I choose to do this." She said, "OK, I get it now." She's not a real gun nut, but she wants to get into archery and throwing knives. I'm so proud. LOL!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the write-up. Thanks for being a voice of reason. It might help to understand my psyche for the future. I wouldn't say I'm "fretting" so much as I'm kind of anal about codes and regulations. See, as if being an engineer wasn't bad enough, I'm also a certified USA Hockey, Ice Hockey referee. Both of which require me to be ultra technical about rules and regulations. And also to be able to defend my own interpretations of those rules at any given moment. So it's pretty much just my nature to be OCD about the nitty gritty little details about stuff no one else cares about. LOL. So I'll pour through pages and pages of codes to be sure I completely understand it to the letter so I never have to question it. Hope that helps.

We aviators have similar problems. The latest FAR/AIM is 1.5 inches thick, but the regs we were required to know in the Air Force stacked about 2-1/2 feet thick on a shelf.