Thread: Did ANYBODY see this???

Did ANYBODY see this???

I can not believe there are complete idiots out there like this. I am beside myself with shock.

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/m...rtment-window/

Quote Originally Posted by Snake161 View Post
    I can not believe there are complete idiots out there like this. I am beside myself with shock.

There are better places to test fire, like I don't know, a firing range. Not to mention, the WI course does not require range time.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Herr Heckler Koch
    His own worst enemy at least, others too, or a WAVE false flag operation. "Yo! Bro, for $500 risk becoming a prohibited person, take one for the gang, but you don't really want to carry a gun, do you? It will be worth much more to see the look on their faces at the perfect argument for mandatory state certified training."
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 05-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake161 View Post

THE BOZO! Can anyone explain to me why common sense has left the United States! Everytime I buy charcoal briquettes the warning lable says not to light inside your home because of carbon monoxide poisioning. Please..... Not even the natives in in my land of birth need to be warned of this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    THE BOZO! Can anyone explain to me why common sense has left the United States! Everytime I buy charcoal briquettes the warning lable says not to light inside your home because of carbon monoxide poisioning. Please..... Not even the natives in in my land of birth need to be warned of this!!
    idiot proofing , just makes dumber idiots

McX
    damn shame their not 'professional carriers' like us. They live, they are there, and they walk amongst us...................great.

The man told officers he didnít know anything about guns but wanted to try it out before class... the man didn't think the bullets would go through the garage wall.

I don't know anything about driving a semi, but I'm going to be taking a class next week so I can apply for my semi-driver's license. I think I'll go buy a semi & try driving it before class.
    Idiot.

Police... are recommending charges of Endangering Safety by Reckless Use of a Firearm, which is a misdemeanor. Crocker says depending on what the ultimate charges are, the a first degree reckless endangering safety charge would be a felony
    Unfortunately, they more or less got that right.
    There is no such charge as "Endangering Safety by Reckless Use of a Firearm".
    941.20 endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon is a misdemeanor
    941.30 recklessly endangering safety is a felony

I'd say he definitely did the first, but they probably couldn't prove the second because he says he believed that the garage wall would stop the bullets, so he was having some care for safety.

Though it does say "fired several rounds through an apartment garage wall"...
    D'ya think that maybe after the first hole showed up in the wall maybe he might possibly have had a glimmer of intelligence that the bullet hadn't stopped & might have investigated before firing the others?

I'd like to know what the garage is made of. If it's concrete, no way the felony charge would stick. I'd expect that to stop a bullet.

This is one more reason why basic firearm safety should be taught in schools, to ALL kids. I know 8yo who have more sense than this guy. They may never want to even target shoot, let alone hunt or protect themselves, but at least they'd know not to do stupid things.

As a side note, in reading 941.30 I'm wondering why DAs don't charge drunk drivers with that?
    I'd think the 2nd degree would fit handily - people know that driving drunk isn't safe, for them or for others on the road.

941.30 Recklessly endangering safety.

941.30(1) First-degree recklessly endangering safety.
    Whoever recklessly endangers another's safety under circumstances which show utter disregard for human life is guilty of a Class F felony.

941.30(2) Second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
    Whoever recklessly endangers another's safety is guilty of a Class G felony.

Well, I almost drove off the road when I heard it on the radio. I just cannot believe that people of this level of intelligence exist. While it does seem a little fishy to me, I don't think WAVE has the gumption to do something like this, much less the rocks. I mean, your in your thirty's, and you think that a bullet will not penetrate a wall??. My guess is it was a steel/concrete garage, but my god, what even makes you think you can discharge a weapon lackadaisically in a residential area?? He probably had some sort of target against the wall and didn't see the holes until he took it down. I'm just really confused right now that this type of recklessness even exists. I am glad though that these kind of people generally get themselves "weeded" out before they are allowed to own/carry a firearm. I pray for everybody for the ones who slip through.

Shocked???? Really????

I am not shocked by the stupidity of people. Many people nowadays are just plain ignorant. This guy is right there in the DUH class. At least he won't be getting a CCW now. Unfortunately he will probably start carrying illegally.

damn, how dumb.

watching to many movie...

...just like people thinking you can easaly shoot a gun out of a person's hand, you know, it happens in the movies.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM40 View Post
    I am not shocked by the stupidity of people. Many people nowadays are just plain ignorant. This guy is right there in the DUH class. At least he won't be getting a CCW now. Unfortunately he will probably start carrying illegally.
    Why won't he get a CCL? as long as no felony charge for those, he's good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post
    ...just like people thinking you can easaly shoot a gun out of a person's hand, you know, it happens in the movies.
    Yep, drywall and plywood stop bullets on TV

Herr Heckler Koch
    The cops still take cover behind their car-doors for a shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    The cops still take cover behind their car-doors for a shootout.
    It's for concealment, not exactly cover.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Banned

.38 caliber Ruger handgun

everyone knows a 38 will go through a wall .... but not my 50 BMG , I think ... here let me trying it out ...

uh-oh ... hide hide hide !

Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963
    Yep, drywall and plywood stop bullets on TV
    Actually, someone here gave me the idea (& one of these days we'll get to the range to make the educational video) of stacking up drywall to see how many sheets a bullet will go through.

We'd make a small wall w/ 2x4s to show how it really works, impress on people that a home wall only hides them, doesn't do diddly squat for protection from anything more than possibly a .22.
    (There's a twist - use several common calibers at 5 yards, decent home-SD distance.)

So... anyone have access to some drywall scraps, insulation scraps, & video equipment?
    Wanna be in the movies?
    (May as well throw in a concrete block while we're at it. Make a complete catalog.)

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Actually, someone here gave me the idea (& one of these days we'll get to the range to make the educational video) of stacking up drywall to see how many sheets a bullet will go through.

We'd make a small wall w/ 2x4s to show how it really works, impress on people that a home wall only hides them, doesn't do diddly squat for protection from anything more than possibly a .22.
    (There's a twist - use several common calibers at 5 yards, decent home-SD distance.)

So... anyone have access to some drywall scraps, insulation scraps, & video equipment?
    Wanna be in the movies?
    (May as well throw in a concrete block while we're at it. Make a complete catalog.)

There is already a website that has done most if not all the scenaros. Not saying you shouldn't do it. It would be blast!

http://www.theboxotruth.com/
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot1.htm

Guns dont hurt people. People hurt people.

.38 caliber Ruger handgun= Most likely a SP101 with Zombie loads.

There are more idiots out there that you want to be on the Lookout for.

NUMBSKULLS ANONYMOUS,,,; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uqD8...eature=related
    Last edited by scott58dh; 05-31-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

Wanna be in the movies?
    One of my clients is a house builder. After the class a small 3X3 foot section of complete house wall showed up on my door step. (Siding, plywood, insulation, 2x4 studs, sheet rock and paint). I now use this as a demo in my classes which shows complete pass throughs from several different calibers. (22 all the way up to a 12 guage). I've had many people comment that after seeing the "wall" they look at their own walls differently now. Makes for a good demo in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    THE BOZO! Can anyone explain to me why common sense has left the United States!
    simple. because grandpas/grandmas backhand was made illegal. common sense, respect and common courtesy all vanished with the backhand.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_vette View Post
    simple. because grandpas/grandmas backhand was made illegal. common sense, respect and common courtesy all vanished with the backhand.
    The sad part is I feel for the guy. Kids grow up with absolutely no training from parents or high school. Then if something frightening happens (ie. some one I know got robbed) they buy a gun with nothing to go on but the movies. We need gun training/safety offered in our schools.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    The sad part is I feel for the guy. Kids grow up with absolutely no training from parents or high school. Then if something frightening happens (ie. some one I know got robbed) they buy a gun with nothing to go on but the movies. We need gun training/safety offered in our schools.
    I agree.
    I am under the impression that the .22 range at my H.S. has been walled off. I bet it could be made "open" again.
    It sure was nice for me to have learned the basic stuff way back then. My mom never had a gun, and dad was lost in Nam...