• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did ANYBODY see this???

H

Herr Heckler Koch

His own worst enemy at least, others too, or a WAVE false flag operation. "Yo! Bro, for $500 risk becoming a prohibited person, take one for the gang, but you don't really want to carry a gun, do you? It will be worth much more to see the look on their faces at the perfect argument for mandatory state certified training."

Last edited:

Law abider

I can not believe there are complete idiots out there like this. I am beside myself with shock.

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/...dgun-bullet-travels-through-apartment-window/

THE BOZO! Can anyone explain to me why common sense has left the United States! Everytime I buy charcoal briquettes the warning lable says not to light inside your home because of carbon monoxide poisioning. Please..... Not even the natives in in my land of birth need to be warned of this!!:banghead:

GreenCountyPete

THE BOZO! Can anyone explain to me why common sense has left the United States! Everytime I buy charcoal briquettes the warning lable says not to light inside your home because of carbon monoxide poisioning. Please..... Not even the natives in in my land of birth need to be warned of this!!:banghead:

idiot proofing , just makes dumber idiots

M

McX

damn shame their not 'professional carriers' like us. They live, they are there, and they walk amongst us...................great.

MKEgal

The man told officers he didn’t know anything about guns but wanted to try it out before class... the man didn't think the bullets would go through the garage wall.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I don't know anything about driving a semi, but I'm going to be taking a class next week so I can apply for my semi-driver's license. I think I'll go buy a semi & try driving it before class.
Idiot.

Police... are recommending charges of Endangering Safety by Reckless Use of a Firearm, which is a misdemeanor. Crocker says depending on what the ultimate charges are, the a first degree reckless endangering safety charge would be a felony
Unfortunately, they more or less got that right.
There is no such charge as "Endangering Safety by Reckless Use of a Firearm".
941.20 endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon is a misdemeanor
941.30 recklessly endangering safety is a felony

I'd say he definitely did the first, but they probably couldn't prove the second because he says he believed that the garage wall would stop the bullets, so he was having some care for safety.

Though it does say "fired several rounds through an apartment garage wall"...
D'ya think that maybe after the first hole showed up in the wall maybe he might possibly have had a glimmer of intelligence that the bullet hadn't stopped & might have investigated before firing the others?

I'd like to know what the garage is made of. If it's concrete, no way the felony charge would stick. I'd expect that to stop a bullet.

This is one more reason why basic firearm safety should be taught in schools, to ALL kids. I know 8yo who have more sense than this guy. They may never want to even target shoot, let alone hunt or protect themselves, but at least they'd know not to do stupid things.

MKEgal

As a side note, in reading 941.30 I'm wondering why DAs don't charge drunk drivers with that?
I'd think the 2nd degree would fit handily - people know that driving drunk isn't safe, for them or for others on the road.

941.30 Recklessly endangering safety.

941.30(1) First-degree recklessly endangering safety.
Whoever recklessly endangers another's safety under circumstances which show utter disregard for human life is guilty of a Class F felony.

941.30(2) Second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
Whoever recklessly endangers another's safety is guilty of a Class G felony.

Snake161

Well, I almost drove off the road when I heard it on the radio. I just cannot believe that people of this level of intelligence exist. While it does seem a little fishy to me, I don't think WAVE has the gumption to do something like this, much less the rocks. I mean, your in your thirty's, and you think that a bullet will not penetrate a wall??. My guess is it was a steel/concrete garage, but my god, what even makes you think you can discharge a weapon lackadaisically in a residential area?? He probably had some sort of target against the wall and didn't see the holes until he took it down. I'm just really confused right now that this type of recklessness even exists. I am glad though that these kind of people generally get themselves "weeded" out before they are allowed to own/carry a firearm. I pray for everybody for the ones who slip through. :uhoh:

XDM40

Shocked???? Really????

I am not shocked by the stupidity of people. Many people nowadays are just plain ignorant. This guy is right there in the DUH class. At least he won't be getting a CCW now. Unfortunately he will probably start carrying illegally.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am not shocked by the stupidity of people. Many people nowadays are just plain ignorant. This guy is right there in the DUH class. At least he won't be getting a CCW now. Unfortunately he will probably start carrying illegally.

Why won't he get a CCL? as long as no felony charge for those, he's good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The cops still take cover behind their car-doors for a shootout.

davidmcbeth

Banned
.38 caliber Ruger handgun

everyone knows a 38 will go through a wall .... but not my 50 BMG , I think ... here let me trying it out ...

uh-oh ... hide hide hide !

MKEgal

tomm1963 said:
Yep, drywall and plywood stop bullets on TV
Actually, someone here gave me the idea (& one of these days we'll get to the range to make the educational video) of stacking up drywall to see how many sheets a bullet will go through.

We'd make a small wall w/ 2x4s to show how it really works, impress on people that a home wall only hides them, doesn't do diddly squat for protection from anything more than possibly a .22.
(There's a twist - use several common calibers at 5 yards, decent home-SD distance.)

So... anyone have access to some drywall scraps, insulation scraps, & video equipment?
Wanna be in the movies? :D
(May as well throw in a concrete block while we're at it. Make a complete catalog.)

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Actually, someone here gave me the idea (& one of these days we'll get to the range to make the educational video) of stacking up drywall to see how many sheets a bullet will go through.

We'd make a small wall w/ 2x4s to show how it really works, impress on people that a home wall only hides them, doesn't do diddly squat for protection from anything more than possibly a .22.
(There's a twist - use several common calibers at 5 yards, decent home-SD distance.)

So... anyone have access to some drywall scraps, insulation scraps, & video equipment?
Wanna be in the movies? :D
(May as well throw in a concrete block while we're at it. Make a complete catalog.)

There is already a website that has done most if not all the scenaros. Not saying you shouldn't do it. It would be blast!

http://www.theboxotruth.com/
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot1.htm