• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did ANYBODY see this???

JJC

Actually, someone here gave me the idea (& one of these days we'll get to the range to make the educational video) of stacking up drywall to see how many sheets a bullet will go through.

We'd make a small wall w/ 2x4s to show how it really works, impress on people that a home wall only hides them, doesn't do diddly squat for protection from anything more than possibly a .22.
(There's a twist - use several common calibers at 5 yards, decent home-SD distance.)

So... anyone have access to some drywall scraps, insulation scraps, & video equipment?
Wanna be in the movies? :D
(May as well throw in a concrete block while we're at it. Make a complete catalog.)

One of my clients is a house builder. After the class a small 3X3 foot section of complete house wall showed up on my door step. (Siding, plywood, insulation, 2x4 studs, sheet rock and paint). I now use this as a demo in my classes which shows complete pass throughs from several different calibers. (22 all the way up to a 12 guage). I've had many people comment that after seeing the "wall" they look at their own walls differently now. Makes for a good demo in the class.

tricolordad

no sympathy for him

I happened to have some drywall and plywood in my garage. Set it up walked back about 10 or 12 feet and fired 3 from my P22 and 3 from my mosin. The P22 (.22lr) penetrated all three times for both plywood and drywall, though I did find a fragment of HP imbedded in the stump i used for a backstop. (Got a 14 foot high 20-some foot wide rockpile backstop behind that, don't worry.) The mosin (7.62x54R) blew clean through all of it. Lol.

I also have a stainless steel pot I've been shooting. The P22 rips 2 inch tears in that and exits out the back at a slightly altered trajectory even at 40 feet. No way this idiot didn't know it would go through. He just wanted to shoot something and didn't take the time to think.

twoskinsonemanns

simple. because grandpas/grandmas backhand was made illegal. common sense, respect and common courtesy all vanished with the backhand.

The sad part is I feel for the guy. Kids grow up with absolutely no training from parents or high school. Then if something frightening happens (ie. some one I know got robbed) they buy a gun with nothing to go on but the movies. We need gun training/safety offered in our schools.

AaronS

The sad part is I feel for the guy. Kids grow up with absolutely no training from parents or high school. Then if something frightening happens (ie. some one I know got robbed) they buy a gun with nothing to go on but the movies. We need gun training/safety offered in our schools.

I agree.
I am under the impression that the .22 range at my H.S. has been walled off. I bet it could be made "open" again.
It sure was nice for me to have learned the basic stuff way back then. My mom never had a gun, and dad was lost in Nam...