• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Shootings

gsx1138

So the shootings today didn't stop someone from Washington Ceasefire from going down to the crime scene in order to get his face on TV. First thing he says is that, "Guns are the problem." and "Close the gun show loophole." It boggles my mind.

massivedesign

rwa62.jpg

DocWalker

So the shootings today didn't stop someone from Washington Ceasefire from going down to the crime scene in order to get his face on TV. First thing he says is that, "Guns are the problem." and "Close the gun show loophole." It boggles my mind.

The funny thing is it is the guns that are keeping him his right to spout this dribble. If he got his wish and only the goverment and cops (to include bad guys) had guns then what is to stop the goverment from taking his right to free speech away.....

LOL He just doesn't get it.

HeesBonafide

McGinn is talking about "addressing the issue of easy access to guns.."

McGinn is talking about addressing guns and access to them, specifically stating easy access, gun show loophole, illegal carry, and underage carry. There may be more... Get ready for the circus to begin.

HeesBonafide

All Shootings - SAME Shooter!

Just heard that all the shootings today were done by the same shooter!

He is now dead by self-inflicted gun shot.

Bobarino

I sure hope they arrest these guns. After all, it's the prevalence of guns that's the problem here. SPD said so, so I hope they step up patrols and start arresting more guns and bringing them to trial. :/

I was just watching Q13 news their on the street guy mentioned the surge in CPL's of late. Of course, they fail to mention that NONE of these shootings were committed by CPL holders, but of course, they make it sound like there's a correlation between the number of CPL's and the number of shootings. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

ghosthunter

McGinn is talking about addressing guns and access to them, specifically stating easy access, gun show loophole, illegal carry, and underage carry. There may be more... Get ready for the circus to begin.

I am so sorry for anyone living in Seattle. Your mayor is a village idiot. Really. He wants to pass a unlawful discharge of a firearm ordiance????? My god is there no end to these numnut ideas.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Can't believe they use that press conference right there and then to push for stricter gun laws.

The anti-gunners use the negative happenings as their soapboxes. If someone was hurt then they want to use it to push their views without any regard to the victims.

cpgrad08

The anti-gunners use the negative happenings as their soapboxes. If someone was hurt then they want to use it to push their views without any regard to the victims.

I know but there is a time and a place for everything and that was not the place or the time.

Bobarino

Pimping your articles in this thread isn't dancing in the blood too, Dave? And since when do we care what Schram thinks? He's a foaming at the mouth anti-gunner who occasionally flips sides when he thinks it will up his readership.

Ruby

I would like Mayor McGinn and Washington Ceasefire to explain to me how tighter gun control would have prevented this. McGinn must NEVER become governor of Washington! Condolences to the victims' families.

McGinn and Ceasefire are absolutely insane. They need to go spend a few days in Chicago if they think tighter gun control works!:banghead:

amlevin

Pimping your articles in this thread isn't dancing in the blood too, Dave? And since when do we care what Schram thinks? He's a foaming at the mouth anti-gunner who occasionally flips sides when he thinks it will up his readership.

Schramm may be a butt-hole most of the time but his rants usually focus on those who leave their guns lying around the house for either kids to play with or stolen by anyone who breaks in. In that sense he's spot on, to criticize the irresponsible gun owners. His favorite statement is to deride those who "keep their firearm in the underwear drawer instead of locked up".

Main point in his rant is the amount of guns that make their way into the illegal gun market. I can't fault him for those statements, they're the truth.

How many right here on this forum don't bother to lock up there guns when they're not carrying them? All sorts of excuses but no valid reason to not do so.

amlevin

They need to go spend a few days in Chicago if they think tighter gun control works!:banghead:

Or Washington, D. C.. Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, etc.

Even with tighter control most firearms are obtained from Family, Friends, Drug Dealers, etc. While it's a little dated, here's a chart showing the sources of guns possessed by federal inmates in 1967. I don't think the sources have changed drastically other than maybe the percentage from retail stores. That's probably gone down with tighter enforcement.

516px-Firearmsources.svg.png

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

We all know the guns are not the issue it is those who commit crimes and lost their right to keep and bear arms by the laws in place now, adding new ones will not improve these misguided stats.

I did see on the news in Yakima about the gang/gun problem here in Yakima and to have our PD acknowledge it is not a gun issue is good.

Fewer guns being taken off the street
"What's important about the gun cases has nothing to do with the guns themselves,” said Lt Belles. “It really has to do with the people we are taking off the street that are willing to commit crimes with guns."