• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Shootings

wolf-father

I don't get people say places with stricter gun laws are safer. But the weekend I left Chicago 4 years ago had 32 shooting in one weekend. And they have the must rules I have ever seen. When I left guns were not alound in the city and no carry in the state.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
from a comment in a Seattle times article (NOT MINE):

It is comical to hear that these gun control nut jobs actually think gun control is the answer to stopping gun crime. Let me put it in perspective. Society is made of people. Mortal man, human beings. Regardless of what anyone thinks, ad man is a man whether it be a bum on the street or Mr. Obama himself. With that being said, there are 4 facets in the heirarchy of American Society. They are:

1. Criminals
2. law abiding citizens
3. Police
4. Military (politicians included here)

Now, who will "gun control" restrict? All facets of our society? Or just one? I see that it will restrict the ones who need their 2nd Amendment the most..#2, the law abiding citizen.

Yes it is a tragedy when a shooting like this occurs, but there is no way to rid our society of guns, it's just NOT going to happen. If you think it is, you are delusional, so please stop. These "gun control" laws make one facet of society less safe..the law abiding citizen..and make another stronger...the criminals.

Now, call me whatever name you want I really do not care, but do you think if everyone in that arts cafe were armed, that 6 of them would be dead? I think the number would be closer to 2. And for all you idiots who are about to say, "2 is too many, we want 0 and that is it", well then move to Candyland and let me know how it is there. There is no place on earth like that, and this man could have just as easily killed 6 people with an ax or machete. Let them ban guns and see it for yourself. If you want to stop gun violence, then stop "gun control". The only person "controlling" the guns are the people. If they can not enforce the laws they have on the books already, what makes them think that new laws will make it any better? This is why I seriously see liberalism as a mental defect. It is just irrational thinking all around.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht..._it_time_for_gun_control.html?syndication=rss

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

"What's important about the gun cases has nothing to do with the guns themselves,” said Lt Belles. “It really has to do with the people we are taking off the street that are willing to commit crimes with guns."

Now there is a Cop that gets it, buy that man or woman a steak.

Bobarino

It's be reported on the John Carlson show by the father of the perpetrator that he possessed a CPL.

Mayor McSchwin's wet dream just came true. Now they're REALLY going to go after CPL holders. Sigh.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-had-a-concealed-weapon-permit-155978205.html

SEATTLE - The gunman accused of killing five people in cold blood Wednesday had a concealed weapon permit even though he was becoming noticeably more volatile over time, his father said in an interview with KOMO News.

Walt Stawacki, the father of accused killer Ian Stawicki, says he knew his son was troubled, but there was nothing the family could do to get the concealed carry permit revoked.

"The response to us was, there's nothing we can do, he's not a threat to himself or others, or we haven't had a report of it, or we haven't had to pick him up - call us when its worse," Walt Stawicki said in a Thursday morning interview with KOMO Newsradio.

"And now it's too late - much worse now, six people are dead."

Walt Stawicki did not specify which agency refused to revoke the permit, or which agency had issued it in the first place.

The disclosure was one of several Ian Stawacki's father made as he tried to paint a fuller picture of his troubled son, who was unemployed and hadn't held a job in several years.

Walt Stawicki said his son had joined the Army in 1989 or 1990, serving for a time at Fort Drum in upstate New York before he was discharged as unsuitable for the military. He suffered an acute hearing loss when a grenade exploded during a training exercise during his short stint in the Army.

A few years after his discharge, Ian Stawicki started collecting guns, but his family thought he had given that up in recent years - though they knew he still carried a concealed weapon.

He worked some odd jobs for a time, but in recent years he had been an unemployed transient.

"He went out and saw friends, walked around, read books, tended the garden with his mother, had a girlfriend," says Walt Stawicki.

As the years went by, Ian Stawicki was becoming more and more volatile - but he never harmed anyone or threatened his family, says his father.

"He wasn't getting more and more violent. He was getting easier to get mad," says his father.

If he had been violent, the father says, the family might have been able to do something.

"We've been hoping and praying that something minor would happen enough to allow an intervention to happen," Walt Stawicki said.

The father last spoke with his troubled son on the morning before the shootings - and says he sounded just fine.

"He was care-taking his mother, who is ill," Walt Stawicki said. "There was a lilt to his voice, it sounded like a good day. I said I'd be down later."

A few hours after that, when he saw the surveillance camera images on TV, Walt Stawicki realized it was his son who was suspected of killing four people in cold blood at Cafe Racer in the University District.

Later, he learned that another woman had been shot to death at Eighth Avenue and Seneca Street, and that his son had finally killed himself as police officers approached.

"There were six victims yesterday - not five," says Ian Stawicki's father. "That's the thing I want people to go away with. He was the final victim, he was a victim by his own gun, and all the other people were victims by his own gun - I'm not trying to diminish that."

DocWalker

The idiots for gun control still think that criminals will follow the gun laws they pass. A criminal is a criminal because they don't care about the laws.

The people that pass any law allowing a law abiding citizen from defending themselves should be held accountable. If not criminally as an accesory then they should be allowed to be sued by the family of the victim for enabling the criminal to kill their relative.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
One issue that is missed by involved in this discussion in the media, if there had been another person either open or concealed carry and choose to step in and stop the threat, so if more carried legally the likelihood of this happening would have been reduced greatly.

DocWalker

One issue that is missed by involved in this discussion in the media, if there had been another person either open or concealed carry and choose to step in and stop the threat, so if more carried legally the likelihood of this happening would have been reduced greatly.

The only flaw to your post is that the liberal anti's get scared when you throw logic and facts into their face.....they could never consider reality as it would affect their fantasy world.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

The only flaw to your post is that the liberal anti's get scared when you throw logic and facts into their face.....they could never consider reality as it would affect their fantasy world.

That would be the Liberal Flaw not ours.

rapgood

I sure hope they arrest these guns. After all, it's the prevalence of guns that's the problem here. SPD said so, so I hope they step up patrols and start arresting more guns and bringing them to trial. :/

I was just watching Q13 news their on the street guy mentioned the surge in CPL's of late. Of course, they fail to mention that NONE of these shootings were committed by CPL holders, but of course, they make it sound like there's a correlation between the number of CPL's and the number of shootings. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I think that there IS a correlation: The more that people get shot by wackos, the more people are arming themselves in anticipation of having to defend themselves. Hence, more CPLs issued to law-abiding folks who don't want to CC illegally. ;)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I think that there IS a correlation: The more that people get shot by wackos, the more people are arming themselves in anticipation of having to defend themselves. Hence, more CPLs issued to law-abiding folks who don't want to CC illegally. ;)

Actually the guy responsible for the Cafe Racer shooting was a CPL holder.

Dave Workman

"What's important about the gun cases has nothing to do with the guns themselves,” said Lt Belles. “It really has to do with the people we are taking off the street that are willing to commit crimes with guns."

Now there is a Cop that gets it, buy that man or woman a steak.

I quote agree. I have yet to hear from a street cop anywhere west of the Mississippi - except may in California - that they have no problem at all with armed citizens because they know the good guys from the bad guys. It's armed criminals who give them the vapors.

That seems to change around the higher up the feeding chain one goes.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Our biggest threat is Senator Kline. He controls what the House gets to vote on.... If all he does is push anti gun bills then we are in for a long haul my friends. Some of you may have seen his video if not the link is posted below. We need to keep an eye out for any and all bills that may be introduced, we need to let our representatives know that we will not compromise on our gun rights. McGinn is getting his ear bent pretty well by Ralph Fascitelli of Washington CeaseFire, our preemption statute is strong and has held up in the past but I see these folks in Seattle pushing hard for it to change (think Oregon, they have preemption but allow cities to opt out of it).

[video=youtube;gKs8PV3eY4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gKs8PV3eY4k[/video]

Beretta92FSLady

Some carpet-bagger stated on NPR yesterday that a person could easily walk into a gunshow, purchase a firearm, walk to another table, and make it a full-auto.

Dave Workman

Well, there's a way to blunt all of this fear and anxiety being expressed...and that's to take the time this summer to get acquainted with your state reps and senator, to attend any functions where they appear, if they express an anti-gun attitude, work for the challenger, if they are with us, then work for them, and in November, install a stronger pro-gun legislature and cast your vote for the pro-gun gubernatorial candidate, and I can tell you right now, that ain't Inslee.

It's a long time between now and November and a longer time between now and January when the Legislature meets. You have your assignments. Class dismissed

:D