• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indian reservations?

Greg30-06

Does anyone know if any of the states reservations prohibit carrying a gun? I often get gas at Indian gas stations such as at the swinomish and Skagit. I would hate to run into any problems.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

What tribe/clan? Some are on line, some experiences are posted.

Knowledge

I know the Tulalip Tribe recognizes the State's CPL and if you don't have one you can't drive with your gun accessible from the inside of the car, so it has to be in the trunk. That's all I know.

Set

The Chevron at swinomish is a GREAT place to get gas. Going off what a few people have said before it seems you're fairly safe until verbally told otherwise. If you're super worried you could cover up briefly while at the gas stations etc as well, but it shouldn't be a huge issue.

amlevin

The Swinomish Tribal Code regarding firearms:

http://www.narf.org/nill/Codes/swinomishcode/4_5.pdf

Bear in mind that Tribal Code only applies to Tribal Members. "Visitors" can be asked to leave or held to State/Local regulations. Many tribal police are also county deputies if the tribe has complied with State Law re: training and insurance.

The Swinomish code is pretty much like State Law and includes a part very similar to 9.41.270 so Open Carry may well be frowned upon.