Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Talk about mis-Information

  1. #1
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540

    Talk about mis-Information

    Look at this..

    http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it...orado#comments

    I guess this legal expert.. is not up on Colorado.. lol

    -Rob

  2. #2
    Regular Member nkunnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aurora co
    Posts
    67

    Talking

    Wow!! Yup that just shows that you cant believe everything you read on the net...

  3. #3
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Lol yeah, I had to comment .. *sigh* ..

    --Rob

  4. #4
    Regular Member nkunnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aurora co
    Posts
    67
    I saw that when i looked at the link. It was everything I could do not to post a comment in it too.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by nkunnen View Post
    I saw that when i looked at the link. It was everything I could do not to post a comment in it too.
    I had to.. I'm not sure who they have giving legal advice, but to be that far off is just .. well.. yeah. And if you read their blurb about 'legal' it basically makes it sound like laws make things 'permissable'. With that rationale, we'd have 12 billion laws allowing us to blink and wear glasses.. sheesh.. I hate sites with such horribly inaccurate information.

    --Rob

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    I posted (as Dave). Sites like that NEED us to be vocal so as to halt the spread of incorrect information. If we say nothing, we have allowed yet another citizen, if not a dozen of them, to go blithely through their lives thinking we're the criminals because by OCing we're breaking the law.

    Do not allow them to learn such misinformation! Rob was right to correct the first person who responded, and a few more should chime in for good measure.

    The site allows you to post anonymously.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    GREAT reply "Dave" :P

    Thanks for the kind words, it absolutely burns me when I see things like this.

    --Rob

  8. #8
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    Look at this..

    http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it...orado#comments

    I guess this legal expert.. is not up on Colorado.. lol

    -Rob
    Howdy Pard!
    Hey, if he hadn't spent so much time in the bar, perhaps he might have passed the bar.
    Gotta be some excuse for an answer that stupid.
    No, sorry about that... stupid is too kind a word.
    The original person who wrote the answer to that question would need to get a whole bunch of education to reach the lofty heights of stupidity.
    If brains were dynamite, that person wouldn't have enough to blow his nose.
    If brains were cotton, they couldn't produce a sanitary napkin for a gnat.
    If you took their brain, shoved it up a gnat's backside, it would rattle around in there like a B-B in a boxcar!
    But they can take heart... there is always an opportunity at FOX News for folks with absolutely no research skills or factual reporting!

    One of these days, I'll tell you how I really feel!

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  9. #9
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    and a few more should chime in for good measure.

    The site allows you to post anonymously.
    Howdy Pard!
    I chimed in pretty good. And I didn't do it anonymously either.
    I feel passionately enough about this that I put myself on record.
    The meaning (perhaps far too subliminal for such an enlightened individual) I ain't timid about backing my facts with my name!
    Wow... what a tripe festival! I cannot believe it was allowed to stand without challenge.

    In fact, I'm going to check out the site to see if they have an admin that I can complain to!

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  10. #10
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Pard!
    Hey, if he hadn't spent so much time in the bar, perhaps he might have passed the bar.
    Gotta be some excuse for an answer that stupid.

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    lol.. too funny!

    --Rob

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    I chimed in pretty good. And I didn't do it anonymously either.
    Huh. Unless you're "Bear," your post appears to have been removed.

    In fact, I'm going to check out the site to see if they have an admin that I can complain to!
    Won't do much good. They're in it for the advertising money, and controversies drive up page hits, which increase income.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  12. #12
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Huh. Unless you're "Bear," your post appears to have been removed.
    Howdy Pard!
    Yes, it was certainly removed. Can we say................................ CENSORSHIP???
    And I did not resort to any offensive language. I quoted Amendment 2 of the CofC,
    provided a link to the Adams County Sheriff's page where he states without ambiguity that OC is legal,
    and chided them for poorly researched opinion.

    It didn't take long for them to pull my response. That didn't keep me from writing them directly to demand the original misinformation be corrected.

    I think it bears notice that we are observing a site that hinges their success on propaganda.
    Would make Jospeh Goebbels smile, if he wasn't long dead and gone.

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  13. #13
    Regular Member LoneEchoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alamosa,Colorado
    Posts
    285
    Ya, mine was taken down also, and i didn't resort to no aggressive or foul language either. they don't want to show just how bad of a site they have, if too many people say its wrong that looks bad on them, hell i think if its wrong that makes them look bad. i find it funny that they wont let our comments through and yet they let the guy that wrote the responses answer stay up and post in the first place, talk about moderation!

  14. #14
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneEchoWolf View Post
    Ya, mine was taken down also, and i didn't resort to no aggressive or foul language either. they don't want to show just how bad of a site they have, if too many people say its wrong that looks bad on them, hell i think if its wrong that makes them look bad. i find it funny that they wont let our comments through and yet they let the guy that wrote the responses answer stay up and post in the first place, talk about moderation!
    Mine is still there.. Too bad they 'answered' the question again a few hours ago.. same incorrect answer!ChaCha!.. idiots..

    --Rob

  15. #15
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Huh. Unless you're "Bear," your post appears to have been removed.



    Won't do much good. They're in it for the advertising money, and controversies drive up page hits, which increase income.
    I posted as "bear". Twice now. The new answer is even more stupid than the original. Apparently they think it's illegal to carry an "open handgun." What's an open handgun?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    298
    I just looked again, looks like all comments were removed. It also won't let me make a comment. It keeps taking me down to the bottom of the page. I'm using my iPhone, will check again when I get home to my laptop.

    Keens

    P.S. I see the comments now, dang cell service lol.
    Last edited by Keens; 06-01-2012 at 04:41 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Oh, now they have to 'moderate' the replies.. See below..

    Robert Butler
    Less than a minute ago
    Your comment is awaiting moderation

    This is driving me NUTS...
    IT *IS* 100% "legal" to open carry a handgun in Colorado without a permit..
    Who is giving the legal advice on this site? Recommend they stay out of the BARS so they can PASS ONE!...




    [edit]... aaand my comment is deleted...

    --Rob
    Last edited by Bellum_Intus; 06-01-2012 at 05:01 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Intus View Post
    Oh, now they have to 'moderate' the replies.. See below..

    Robert Butler
    Less than a minute ago
    Your comment is awaiting moderation

    This is driving me NUTS...
    IT *IS* 100% "legal" to open carry a handgun in Colorado without a permit..
    Who is giving the legal advice on this site? Recommend they stay out of the BARS so they can PASS ONE!...




    [edit]... aaand my comment is deleted...

    --Rob
    Weird. I just posted the 3rd time and it looks like it stuck. Wonder why that is....

  19. #19
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Weird. I just posted the 3rd time and it looks like it stuck. Wonder why that is....
    I am not posting as a guest, perhaps that has something to do w/ it?

    --Rob

  20. #20
    Regular Member LoneEchoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alamosa,Colorado
    Posts
    285
    posted again maybe this time itll stick. ill paste what i wrote here just so i can verify that im not saying anything they should haveto "moderate"

    State Constitution Article II Section 13

    The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.

    Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible.
    College Carry Carry Not Statutorily Prohibited
    NOTE: Even if Legal, Students May be Subject to Academic Sanctions

    All thanks to the Great People at Opencarry.Org http://www.opencarry.org/co.html

    thanks all i said. these guys need to get a grip. thanks all

    ~Wolf~

  21. #21
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneEchoWolf View Post
    posted again maybe this time itll stick. ill paste what i wrote here just so i can verify that im not saying anything they should haveto "moderate"

    State Constitution Article II Section 13

    The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.

    Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible.
    College Carry Carry Not Statutorily Prohibited
    NOTE: Even if Legal, Students May be Subject to Academic Sanctions

    All thanks to the Great People at Opencarry.Org http://www.opencarry.org/co.html

    thanks all i said. these guys need to get a grip. thanks all

    ~Wolf~
    Incorrect...true that you may open carry in a vehicle...or you may conceal, no permit required. The law states that a handgun in a vehicle won't be considered concealed in the eyes of the law, regardless of where it is.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  22. #22
    Regular Member LoneEchoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alamosa,Colorado
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    Incorrect...true that you may open carry in a vehicle...or you may conceal, no permit required. The law states that a handgun in a vehicle won't be considered concealed in the eyes of the law, regardless of where it is.
    very true but the question was all about open carry so i used what is said on OCDO for Colorado, your vehicle is private property thus why you can conceal in it without needing a permit same as concealing in your back yard or on your land while you work. thanks for the add but i was only addressing the open carry aspect.

  23. #23
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426
    I was pointing out the fact that inside a vehicle the need gun not be visible in order to be legal, it's legal whether visible or not.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  24. #24
    Regular Member LoneEchoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alamosa,Colorado
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    I was pointing out the fact that inside a vehicle the need gun not be visible in order to be legal, it's legal whether visible or not.
    yep i know what you were saying, maybe the admin on OCDO can change that on the main discription for Colorado for us? i pulled it from there and linked straight to where i got it from. thanks for the pointer though.

    Semper-Fi
    ~Wolf~

  25. #25
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Howdy Folks!
    Okay, so the Cha-Cha site is an obvious propaganda site that censors any opinion contrary to their own, regardless of the fact that their 'opinion' is pure fantasy and completely incorrect. I also sent an email (contact us) and tried to call them to complain to a human being. DO NOT attempt to use the text modality of contact as it will simply get you started receiving text messages about how dandy they are.

    But in those exercises in futility so far enjoyed (an abuse of the term if ever one was!) I learned that Cha-Cha is some sort of service provided by AT&T. I'll bet AT&T isn't aware of false information being posted on their little propaganda site. I'd wager that they'd look into the thing if they got a few well worded complaints. I'll further speculate that a few who manage to elevate the thing to an "Executive Level Complaint" can probably get that bogus answer pulled from Cha-Cha. And with luck, perhaps the moderators will be cautioned to use a bit of... well... moderation!

    I'll try the executive approach Monday, with a possible suggestion that sanctions may be forthcoming. First of those would be a complaint filed on them at:
    www.ripoffreport.com, maybe the U.S. Better Business Bureau and other consumer protection sites available on the web. After all, if they allow totally bogus information to go unchallenged on their little Cha-Cha site, can they really be trusted to be truthful before the SEC? Or to their customers?

    Point being, we can let that bogus info about open carry in Colorado slide, with them claiming it to be illegal, and misinforming the public, and possibly leading to an incident that could prove dangerous.... or we can stand against this abuse and let them know we won't simply go away and allow them to publish falshood about our rights and liberties in Colorado.

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 06-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •