• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Talk about mis-Information

PikesPeakMtnMan

posted again maybe this time itll stick. ill paste what i wrote here just so i can verify that im not saying anything they should haveto "moderate"

State Constitution Article II Section 13

The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.

Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible.
College Carry Carry Not Statutorily Prohibited
NOTE: Even if Legal, Students May be Subject to Academic Sanctions

All thanks to the Great People at Opencarry.Org http://www.opencarry.org/co.html

thanks all i said. these guys need to get a grip. thanks all

~Wolf~

Incorrect...true that you may open carry in a vehicle...or you may conceal, no permit required. The law states that a handgun in a vehicle won't be considered concealed in the eyes of the law, regardless of where it is.

LoneEchoWolf

Incorrect...true that you may open carry in a vehicle...or you may conceal, no permit required. The law states that a handgun in a vehicle won't be considered concealed in the eyes of the law, regardless of where it is.

very true but the question was all about open carry so i used what is said on OCDO for Colorado, your vehicle is private property thus why you can conceal in it without needing a permit same as concealing in your back yard or on your land while you work. thanks for the add but i was only addressing the open carry aspect.

LoneEchoWolf

I was pointing out the fact that inside a vehicle the need gun not be visible in order to be legal, it's legal whether visible or not.

yep i know what you were saying, maybe the admin on OCDO can change that on the main discription for Colorado for us? i pulled it from there and linked straight to where i got it from. thanks for the pointer though.

Semper-Fi
~Wolf~

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Okay, so the Cha-Cha site is an obvious propaganda site that censors any opinion contrary to their own, regardless of the fact that their 'opinion' is pure fantasy and completely incorrect. I also sent an email (contact us) and tried to call them to complain to a human being. DO NOT attempt to use the text modality of contact as it will simply get you started receiving text messages about how dandy they are.

But in those exercises in futility so far enjoyed (an abuse of the term if ever one was!) I learned that Cha-Cha is some sort of service provided by AT&T. I'll bet AT&T isn't aware of false information being posted on their little propaganda site. I'd wager that they'd look into the thing if they got a few well worded complaints. I'll further speculate that a few who manage to elevate the thing to an "Executive Level Complaint" can probably get that bogus answer pulled from Cha-Cha. And with luck, perhaps the moderators will be cautioned to use a bit of... well... moderation!

I'll try the executive approach Monday, with a possible suggestion that sanctions may be forthcoming. First of those would be a complaint filed on them at:
www.ripoffreport.com, maybe the U.S. Better Business Bureau and other consumer protection sites available on the web. After all, if they allow totally bogus information to go unchallenged on their little Cha-Cha site, can they really be trusted to be truthful before the SEC? Or to their customers?

Point being, we can let that bogus info about open carry in Colorado slide, with them claiming it to be illegal, and misinforming the public, and possibly leading to an incident that could prove dangerous.... or we can stand against this abuse and let them know we won't simply go away and allow them to publish falshood about our rights and liberties in Colorado.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

Ive sent a PM to one of the Admin asking for them to change the maybe misleading discription of Car carry on the colorado discription fo us. below is what i wrote.

Im writeing you on behalf of the Colorado forum, on our Colorado discription page http://www.opencarry.org/co.html is the address the wording under Car Carry is wrong and we would like you to update it for us. it states Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible. The bolded area is incorrect and i would like you to remove that part or update it for us please. as you may or may not be aware it is completely legal to open car carry in Colorado but also in Colorado you can conceal carry in your vehicle without a permit so stateing that It must be clearly visible in the discription is misleading. Thanks for your time!

~Wolf~

Bellum_Intus

Update..

They removed ALL our posts correcting their misinformation..

Too bad.. why don't they just correct themselves? .. Idiots..

--Rob

CO-Joe

If you took both occurrences of the letter h out of their domain, there would at least be truth in advertising. That has to be the most pointless site on the net.

Bellum_Intus

I find it ironic that they have a link on the front page for stopping internet censorship.

LMAO..

Yes, I understand the site is garbage (to the post above zach's) however, people use it, and there's false information posted.. and people unknowingly rely on it.. (unforunate but true)..

--Rob