• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Because you never know when some nutcase is going to start shooting innocent people

since9

Campaign Veteran
Here's another example

Ind. man shoots 4, 1 fatally, before shooting self

One of the more interesting quotes from a man whose sister was shot:

Apartment complex resident Mark Taylor told WTHR-TV that his sister was among the injured. He said she was shot once in the arm and once in the thigh. Taylor said his sister didn't know the gunman and lived near the leasing office. "She don't bother nobody. She don't bother nobody at all," he said.

He's missing the point: When it comes to the criminally insane, whether or not you know them, or have done bad or good in your life makes NO difference. With these nutcases, it's not personal. They're just out to kill as many as they can.

The ONLY way to stop them is to shoot back, preferably before they kill any more.

When I open carry, I'm not only significantly faster on the draw, but I don't have to think about the act of drawing itself. I'm focused on the situation, what the perp is doing, where they're standing, whose behind him, how much they're moving, whether I'm in immediate danger, etc. Regardless, if someone walks up and starts blowing away people, it only takes about a second or two to realize what's going on before turning the tables.