• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orleans Arena carry

Lostlittlerobot

Has anyone ever been to the Orleans' Arena? Do they conduct searches, have detectors, and prohibit firearms? I've carried into the Orleans dozens of times for food and movies and never had anyone say a thing to me. They also hosted one year's USPSA championships if I remember correctly.

I know this is prominently OC, but we do occasionally talk shop on other topics. So throwing this out there. Would anyone, or has anyone ever carried to their family member's graduation ceremony? My understanding is that the Orleans being private property, that there's no issue about it being illegal to carry at a function, regardless of that functions purpose. I'd love to be more sure though. Would a high school's graduation ceremony at the Orleans be a legal no no? In most large events I've been to they do have security at the entrances, so CCing has crossed my mind.

My family has seen me carry everywhere I go for a few years now, but they're pressuring me not to carry to this event. Anyone have any family that really got on your case about one particular time not to carry? I can't for the life of me understand how this one event they don't want me to carry, but are otherwise generally ok with it.

Vegassteve

I have cc in the arena at hoCkey games and the circus. It sort of breaks my rule of not giving anyone my money that doesn't want me to carry, but I have never heard them openly or on signs oppose ccw. So I rationalize it like that. If they did post then I would do as I have done to other places and write them and do everything I could to never give them a dime.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...My family has seen me carry everywhere I go for a few years now, but they're pressuring me not to carry to this event. Anyone have any family that really got on your case about one particular time not to carry? I can't for the life of me understand how this one event they don't want me to carry, but are otherwise generally ok with it.

And if you acquiesce for this reason, you will have ruined years of training them.

Ask them, would a police officer choose to not carry to a high school graduation?

greengum

I'm not sure about the Orleans, but my sister is graduating silverado high school and the ceremony is at Thomas and Mack. The paper work stated no firearms or weapons along with the usual drugs and such and also stated everyone will be searched including your bags and purses.

The Big Guy

I'm not sure about the Orleans, but my sister is graduating silverado high school and the ceremony is at Thomas and Mack. The paper work stated no firearms or weapons along with the usual drugs and such and also stated everyone will be searched including your bags and purses.

Carry or no carry I do not attend any function that requires me to be searched, period.

TBG

SoLasVegas

Thomas and Mack center is on UNLV property. You are forbidden by state law from possessing a firearm there.

I carried to a graduation ceremony at the Orleans a year ago without issue.

CowboyKen

Yes you can

Carry concealed in the arena, I do all the time, many different events.

This is not legal advise and IANAL.

Congrats on the graduation.

Ken

Lostlittlerobot

Went to the arena today. No problems. Concealed there, but no detectors, wands, or pat downs. Probably saw a sign with 'prohibited' things listed, but didn't bother to read once it listed 'nudity' as its #2 thing. Family was a little mad, but not until after we got home and they asked me if I tried to get in with it. I wanted to say 'i told you so' type things, but also wish they hadn't even made it an ordeal to begin with.

Anyway I'm glad I carried, and glad nothing happened. Thanks again for your input everyone