Thread: Army decides to limit High Performance magazines

Army decides to limit High Performance magazines

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ESRC=army-a.nl

The Army has ordered that soldiers may use only government-issued magazines with their M4 carbines, a move that effectively bans one of the most dependable and widely used commercial-made magazines on today’s battlefield.

A pencil pusher is attempting to put Soldiers in harms way, even before the fight starts. This, too, is "gun control gone wild". Call, write, visit, scream at anyone who will listen. This idea is felony stupid.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    A pencil pusher is attempting to put Soldiers in harms way, even before the fight starts. This, too, is "gun control gone wild". Call, write, visit, scream at anyone who will listen. This idea is felony stupid.
    It's not gun control, it's contract and money control.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpuma View Post
    It's not gun control, it's contract and money control.
    Exactly.
    I love the PMAG. I have absolutlely destroyed several aluminum magazines but I never broke a PMAG. It's not just the construction that makes them better. They are also heavier. It helps to ensure the mag clears the mag well when you hit the release. Sometimes the aluminum ones get stuck.
    Almost every soldier I know carries PMAGs, from the lowliest Private to First Sergeants and Sergeant Majors.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Exactly.
    I love the PMAG. I have absolutlely destroyed several aluminum magazines but I never broke a PMAG. It's not just the construction that makes them better. They are also heavier. It helps to ensure the mag clears the mag well when you hit the release. Sometimes the aluminum ones get stuck.
    Almost every soldier I know carries PMAGs, from the lowliest Private to First Sergeants and Sergeant Majors.
    Any squad leader, NCO, First Sgt, or officer that cared about their troops would tell them to continue using what works, is reliable, and might save lives.

Contract be dammed, make these pencil pushers patrol a hot area with sub-standard equipment.

Good topic, but may get more discussion in social or general.

While only a Cold Warrior, I must say that it has been my experience that field expedience trumps pencil pushing bureaucrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Good topic, but may get more discussion in social or general.
    Great idea, how do I move it??
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington