• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cartridge weight?

carracer

Considering a Taurus .44mag for backpack carry. Trying to decide between the ultralite .44 mag in 4" or the tracker .44 mag in 4". What are your thoughts? 5 shots versus 6? The weight of one factory cartridge vs the 6oz difference in gun weight?

I would get the Smith 329pd, but, can't afford one at a thousand plus.

j4l

Considering a Taurus .44mag for backpack carry. Trying to decide between the ultralite .44 mag in 4" or the tracker .44 mag in 4". What are your thoughts? 5 shots versus 6? The weight of one factory cartridge vs the 6oz difference in gun weight?

Go for the 6-shot, you wont notice the 6 oz difference, even under recoil when trying like hell to hit anything u are hoping to hit-while under duress

Gil223

That extra 6oz of weight will help to dampen the felt recoil a bit - go for the Tracker. Pax...