• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat., 6/2

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat., 6/2, 9:30 AM

Shoney's Family Restaurant
8415 West Broad Street............................directions
Richmond, VA..............................Corner of Skipwith Rd. & W. Broad St.
(804) 747-1655

Long standing friendly location, large breakfast buffet includes fruit, bottomless drinks.
My second plate is always their french toast strips - my sweet tooth prevails.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Apparently Grapeshot is concerned that he might need additional ballast to prevent being carried away on the breeze at the picnic on Sunday.

Yes, it's a good place to have breakfast. See you there.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Apparently Grapeshot is concerned that he might need additional ballast to prevent being carried away on the breeze at the picnic on Sunday.

Yes, it's a good place to have breakfast. See you there.

stay safe.

Actually will have [strike]leash[/strike] tether in place Sunday, though it may exceed the park limit of 6 ft.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Curtis will be at Shoney's participating in the devastation of the buffet on Saturday.

You'll be able to tell us apart though - he is the clean shaven one. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Grapeshot, Curtis and I met for breakfast, to be joined by riverrat. We (OK, mostly me) had a conversation before riverrat arrived with a young(er) male sitting across the aisle who seemed to believe that we (again mostly me) really and truely desired to maintain an extended conversation with him. The fine art of curmudgeonliness was displayed. He and his companion (who genuinely looked as if she was also upset with his behavior) moved - far away to another section of the resteraunt. Some folks at a different nearby table seemed pleased with the outcome and how it was achieved.

During the post-pradinal digestive portion of the morning we got several stares and looks, ranging from the outright :shocker: to one gentleman who seemed more pleased than not to see a small gathering of armed citizens enjoying the fresh air. And let me not forget the young diner who kept looking over at us. He seemed more positively interested than anything else. His adult minder seemed totally disinterested, which for our purposes is counted as a positive interaction.

Afterward breakfast and the solving of many of the world's ills I went to purchase some specialty breakfast and luncheon meats at the European Deli on West Broad. The woman who runs the place (I know she is not the sole owner but am not sure if she is a partner or "merely" the manager) explained in Russian to a young couple shopping there that I come there frequently, I always am armed, and I spend a lot of money. Oh, yes, and that I am a Good Guy. She also discussed that In America You Can Have Gunz. Major :D from and for me. She asked me if I had been to the new shooting range yet. Her husband (another Russian emigree) apparently is trying to get her to go there, since she is not wildly enthusiastic about the other indoor range in the area.

stay safe.

stay safe.