• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South sound june meetup-?

DamonK

We have the main building as you come in. We had someone come in earlier that kind of got into it with the ranger, but we are all good now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Schlepnier

That would have been me showing up early.

the ranger decided that he could tell me to put my gun away if other park patrons were bothered by it, when i told him no he could not(granted i was not very polite about it running on 2 hours of sleep and getting a bit irritated by his attitude). he threatened to call the police, i offered to call them for him, i then remembered i did not have my recorder on as he became argumentative. i turned it on and he told me to turn it off or he would take it from me. i cited several state and federal laws and he called me a nutjob and basicaly told me he didn't care what the law said. he threatened again to take my recorder. at which point i had to leave to get cash for the park fee, as i had forgotten it.

By the time i came back everybody else had shown up and he had changed his tune. scoring us the main covered picnic area without having to pay the rent on it.

Side note: the park maintenance guy was a top notch great guy. damonK is planning on meeting up with him to go shooting.

Watch for more info on the JULY meetup, DamonK will be setting up this one.

:monkey

DamonK

Yeah, I think things turned out great. Little rough in the begining, but that provided the opportunity to educate. I'm not going to lie, I'm really looking forward to shooting with that maint. guy this thursday(He's got a KSG!) Now I'm going to go set up the meet for next month. I will have the first draft posted tonight. Oh yeah, the guy I brought out said that he had a great time and would like to come out again. I'm getting him lined up on something of his own to carry and a CPL(I personally believe it has it's uses) Shooting was awesome, the 100 year old 20 gauge shoot great, 44 was dead on at 50ish yards and everything else was good times. With the exeption of my friggin 1911... Apparently I have more shooting in to do. Or another trip back to the shop(it's free anyways)

DamonK

I can't figure out the PM thing... Stupid computers! Here's the info though

What I've been having issues with is it jamming either into the face of the magazine well, or the shell will jam against the top edge of the chamber. I was thinking bad mags, and the guy at the shop mentioned that that could be a possible cause. But when it's clean, it'll run just fine. It's when there's been 50+ rounds run through it that it happens. And even then, it's about every third or fourth mag. For the bulk of my practice I use mccormick power 10s, I also have one eight round springfield that seems to work fine. But that's the one I usually keep in the gun when I'm carrying, so I don't practice but maybe sixteen rounds with that one. The pistol itself is a Olympic Arms 5" matchmaster. It has an 18lbs. spring, 2 1/2 lbs trigger, the action has been smoothed.

Thanks!