• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not OC related but still area related.

Acuzio

I dunno if this is meant for here but its a personal request so maybe you folks can help. So lately my GF has been having a lot of issues at work in Pikeville. She's a cashier at the Fashion Bug in Pikeville and the manager of the store is to put it bluntly stupid. Gives all the employees hell, treats them badly, general crap management. I know most of us if not all are guys so we'd never have reason to be there, however I ask you all please try to get any and all of your lady friends to avoid the shop like the plague and if they do frequent there be sure to leave a complaint against the woman. Sorry again if this isnt meant for here but something needs to be done when bad management is encountered.

09jisaac

$5,000 and you'll never have to deal with her **** again.

(I'll take her out to a nice seafood diner, and never call her again. She'll think it is all her and change her ways completely)

Also, I think this is an appropriate place for this. Why doesn't your gf look for another job? I know it is difficult in this economy but I would still be looking.

Acuzio

We're trying to find her one but shes kinda picky, knowing the management at some of the business' I cant blame her much. She wants to put her college to work but the job market there is very slim.

flb_78

We're trying to find her one but shes kinda picky.

I would think that if my job was a complete hell hole, I might change some things that I would be "picky" about.

I'd rather flip burgers around a crew of good people than push paper for an incompetent boss.

Acuzio

Trust me I know, sadly she is VERY stubborn. But who knows, maybe someone on here will have a job in the area and I can get her to listen and take it lol.

langzaiguy

With all due respect, this isn't the place for your post. Your post wasn't about firearms, much less the open carry of firearms. Under forum rules, you'll find:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Sympathies, though, for your predicament :/

09jisaac

With all due respect, this isn't the place for your post. Your post wasn't about firearms, much less the open carry of firearms. Under forum rules, you'll find:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Sympathies, though, for your predicament :/

This helps.

Have you read any of the post from the administrator? He seems to allow some leeway on his forum. He isn't a mindless robot set to particular constraints. He seems reasonable about his rules.

So, next time you think it is appropriate to post a rule. Don't.

langzaiguy

Am I the only one who knows what is appropriate and what is not? This post was completely unrelated to anything firearms related and certainly completely irrelevant to OC. I made a point, I cited my point, and I stand by my point.

Since the OP is fairly new, I wanted to communicate what was appropriate and what was not--and I properly cited the basis of my point. I also didn't want to ostracize OP from this forum. My apologies, Acuzio, if I came off the wrong way.

Isaac is right about the admins here giving some leeway. Still, I've never seen a nonfirearms related post allowed to be in this forum.

@Isaac Your liberal interpretation of rule #8 reminds me of the liberal interpretation SCOTUS has of the commerce clause. While we're at it, are there any other rules you'd like to throw out?

09jisaac

You should understand the difference. Apples and oranges. Your understanding of the rules is what allows things like the patriot act and clauses in the NDAA to become a bad thing. Does that make much sense either? Look at what the rules are for, not what they can be used as.

This is his forum, his rules. It is not helpful to post the rules. It does not make you more liked, or more powerful.

Acuzio

Do note, I did apologize in advance before anything else was said, and at the end. I didnt think it would do much good in the lounge since it is a local area thing.