Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC unfriendly places

OC unfriendly places

Where is there a list to add oc unfriendly businesses

Herr Heckler Koch
    friendorfoe.us

My farther's house should be put on the list.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    OC hostile public places should be included, ie. Waterford Schools, Lapeer PD, etc...

Banned
    I read on MGO that Mega Pawn has a new manager, and they are now anti carry, is that true?

I have shopped there for many years, bought several guns, as well as many other non firearm related things, and even placed an MOC OC welcome here sticker on the front door, is there any truth to this rumor?

megapawn

yes it is a fact there new managers when you do paperwork there it reads family cash broker. The lady there is from flint we had it out about OC i told her it was sticker on door that she wals by every day. the other guy told her to be quiet she wouldnt so im taking my business down the road to Genos gun and tools.

Quote Originally Posted by army74
    the other guy told her to be quiet she wouldnt so im taking my business down the road to Genos gun and tools.
    If I'm understanding your post right, one manager (employee? owner?) is anti-rights, another pro-.
    That's 50% in favor, & bumping the problem up the ladder might get good results, esp. since they are historically a welcoming place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Banned
    When Beerme quits Genos I'll go there.

I was the one who got the sticker placed.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 06-03-2012 at 11:13 AM.

oc

well no there policy at there other stores like the one in flint is only person that can come in store armed is LEO. Ive never had a problem with beerme he has givin me and others great deals there so thats where im doing all my business at. There new policy went into affect 1 month ago.

On a positive note FishBones in Saint Clair Shores is very OC friendly.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    My farther's house should be put on the list.
    Same here my dad is quit strongly against OC

Banned
    I was there today, talked to this nice guy from Flint, his name is Will. Nobody said anything to me, so I brought up this internet rumor about no guns. He pointed out the sign on the door, welcoming lawful carry from MOC. I explained that I was a long time customer, and that as long as I could bring my gun, I would return frequently.

If the audio is any good, I'll post it once I get it straight.

oc family pawn broker

you talked to the guy that doesnt deal or touch firearms. ive dealt with them the girl is the one with the attitude i refuse to go back there ill go and take my business some where else and will continue to do so and refer ev1 else to do so. the only reason will told you that is because i pointed it out to him. They have even raised there prices so its not a rumor when you have witnesses.

Banned
    He verified that you were told to put your gun in the car, why were you singled out?

If they treat me that way, I wont be back either.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I was there today, talked to this nice guy from Flint, his name is Will. Nobody said anything to me, so I brought up this internet rumor about no guns. He pointed out the sign on the door, welcoming lawful carry from MOC. I explained that I was a long time customer, and that as long as I could bring my gun, I would return frequently.

If the audio is any good, I'll post it once I get it straight.
    I bought my first gun from Mega Pawn almost a year ago. When I caught word of the statement posted in this thread, I decided to head down there and ask them about it. I couldn't find a single employee that had a problem with open carry.

OC

Well it was megapawn up util about a month ago. How the hell would he know who i was unless someone gave him my real name. Will doesnt know a thing about firearms and has never been trained on it. There prices are way higher than surrounding competition. If my name was given to them. I dont go around telling that persons business instead of the lies they spread im just saying. I dont plan on going back to Family Cash Brokers.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Hello everybody.

This thread started out with a good idea. If I understood correctly, it was to build a list of places that are hostile towards oc right? So to get back on track - here are two for the list:

Topgun gun range & shop in Taylor, Mi

Wolverine gun range & shop in Brownstown, Mi

A curse on both their houses....

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    Well it was megapawn up util about a month ago. How the hell would he know who i was unless someone gave him my real name. Will doesnt know a thing about firearms and has never been trained on it. There prices are way higher than surrounding competition. If my name was given to them. I dont go around telling that persons business instead of the lies they spread im just saying. I dont plan on going back to Family Cash Brokers.
    I dont know how, or even if he knew your name. He said that someone was asked to put it in the car. At that point, I mentioned that it was Ben, that I had heard about the incident.

If you have only been there once, and told to leave, then how do you know what Will knows or doesn't know about anything? He was from the Flint store, and just transferred here.

As I said, I will go there as long as they continue to treat me with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post

A curse on both their houses....

G

I thought it was "A plague on both your houses" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCb7UCZoS1Y
    Last edited by stainless1911; 06-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Banned
    FWIW.

I do not believe that an OC Unfreindly thread would hold weight in a trespassing case. It is common knowledge to NOT believe everything you read online. If a place is listed online somewhere, its nothing more than a rumor. You have not been asked to leave as the statute requires. You are still free to come and go as you please, until YOU are personally asked not to be there.

Banned

Banned
    Threads like this have tried and failed in the past because of an unfounded fear of prosecution. I was trying to point out the obvious.

OT

Krogers on 5990 Sashabaw in Independance TWP. MI.

Also, Krogers on 9471 Dixie Highway, Davisburg MI.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Threads like this have tried and failed in the past because of an unfounded fear of prosecution. I was trying to point out the obvious.

OT

Krogers on 5990 Sashabaw in Independance TWP. MI.

Also, Krogers on 9471 Dixie Highway, Davisburg MI.
    Got it.

Thanks for staying on topic.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    They didnt care if you had a CPL or not.

Banned
    It's up to the Manager.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 06-06-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Banned
    I said you in the general sense. Dont go changing my posts like that, i already knew you were just giving me a hard time from the start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast