• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC unfriendly places

stainless1911

Banned
Threads like this have tried and failed in the past because of an unfounded fear of prosecution. I was trying to point out the obvious.

OT

Krogers on 5990 Sashabaw in Independance TWP. MI.

Also, Krogers on 9471 Dixie Highway, Davisburg MI.

NHCGRPR45

Nice, I need to make it over there finally some day since it is so close and I have heard good things about their food.

Well, yes the food is VERY good, but the price might kill you if you have a heart condition! I have been lucky enough to be the Double D, since I generally will refuse to leave "it" at home.:rolleyes: DD's get free coke to drink!:banana:

army74

Oc

ive been going there for a long time. I went to redeem a pawn if you would have read what was being said. Will wouldnt redeem my pawn for a rifle because he (Will) stated he hasnt been trained on FIREARMS i refuse to go somewhere that they treat you like **** and there prices are crazy. So im done with it get your panties out of a bunch .

stainless1911

Banned
My panties aren't in a bunch, I really don't care. This isn't about Will, it's about you. How about posting the audio, so we can hear what actually went down. What I want to know, is what you said, that got you singled out like that?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Threads like this have tried and failed in the past because of an unfounded fear of prosecution. I was trying to point out the obvious.

OT

Krogers on 5990 Sashabaw in Independance TWP. MI.

Also, Krogers on 9471 Dixie Highway, Davisburg MI.

No...threads like this have failed because they are counterproductive. If a place does not have a sign saying "NO FIREARMS", then I carry as I please...OC if I like, CC if I like and not legally prohibited.

The problem with an "OC Unfriendly Thread", a "Friend or Foe" website, or other attempts at stating whether a particular venue allows carry is that the prohibition regarding carry may be misinterpreted: ie, maybe YOU can't carry but everyone else can; Maybe "Manager A" has issues with firearms but "Manager B" does not.
Without appropriate signage or an official letter from the owner, who really knows.

Back in the day (lol) if those of us who were open carrying before people generally knew it was legal followed some anonymous person's opinion whether a particular venue allowed carry, we wouldn't be where we are today. How many of us have carried with no problems in businesses that someone here thought prohibited firearms? Conversely, how many of us have been told we can't OC at places which others have extolled as being very supportive of OC? Personally, I have experienced both situations.

Why don't we just carry and report the experiences in a factual manner, good or bad? By letting the OC experiences speak for themselves, we can avoid all of this bickering about who said what to whom on any particular day.

Last edited:

OneForAll

Williams Gun Sight and Range, located in Davison, MI does not allow open carry. I was up there today to buy some ammunition, and use the range. They do not have any form of a sign posted that says you can not open carry. While using the range and speaking with the range officer, he informed me that the owner wants to keep it a family friendly place so if you open carry you will be asked to conceal it or be asked to leave. The same range officer told me he did not agree with the policy.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Williams Gun Sight and Range, located in Davison, MI does not allow open carry. I was up there today to buy some ammunition, and use the range. They do not have any form of a sign posted that says you can not open carry. While using the range and speaking with the range officer, he informed me that the owner wants to keep it a family friendly place so if you open carry you will be asked to conceal it or be asked to leave. The same range officer told me he did not agree with the policy.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?87001-List-Your-Open-Carry-Experiences-Here

Adams182

... now that is funny. No OC at the range, where you openly point guns down range and shoot them. Oh mags empty let me conceal this baby now so I dont scare or offend anyone

...:confused: