• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC unfriendly places

stainless1911

Banned
I read on MGO that Mega Pawn has a new manager, and they are now anti carry, is that true?

I have shopped there for many years, bought several guns, as well as many other non firearm related things, and even placed an MOC OC welcome here sticker on the front door, is there any truth to this rumor?

army74

megapawn

yes it is a fact there new managers when you do paperwork there it reads family cash broker. The lady there is from flint we had it out about OC i told her it was sticker on door that she wals by every day. the other guy told her to be quiet she wouldnt so im taking my business down the road to Genos gun and tools.

MKEgal

army74 said:
the other guy told her to be quiet she wouldnt so im taking my business down the road to Genos gun and tools.
If I'm understanding your post right, one manager (employee? owner?) is anti-rights, another pro-.
That's 50% in favor, & bumping the problem up the ladder might get good results, esp. since they are historically a welcoming place.

army74

oc

well no there policy at there other stores like the one in flint is only person that can come in store armed is LEO. Ive never had a problem with beerme he has givin me and others great deals there so thats where im doing all my business at. There new policy went into affect 1 month ago.

stainless1911

Banned
I was there today, talked to this nice guy from Flint, his name is Will. Nobody said anything to me, so I brought up this internet rumor about no guns. He pointed out the sign on the door, welcoming lawful carry from MOC. I explained that I was a long time customer, and that as long as I could bring my gun, I would return frequently.

If the audio is any good, I'll post it once I get it straight.

army74

oc family pawn broker

you talked to the guy that doesnt deal or touch firearms. ive dealt with them the girl is the one with the attitude i refuse to go back there ill go and take my business some where else and will continue to do so and refer ev1 else to do so. the only reason will told you that is because i pointed it out to him. They have even raised there prices so its not a rumor when you have witnesses.

OneForAll

I was there today, talked to this nice guy from Flint, his name is Will. Nobody said anything to me, so I brought up this internet rumor about no guns. He pointed out the sign on the door, welcoming lawful carry from MOC. I explained that I was a long time customer, and that as long as I could bring my gun, I would return frequently.

If the audio is any good, I'll post it once I get it straight.

I bought my first gun from Mega Pawn almost a year ago. When I caught word of the statement posted in this thread, I decided to head down there and ask them about it. I couldn't find a single employee that had a problem with open carry.

army74

OC

Well it was megapawn up util about a month ago. How the hell would he know who i was unless someone gave him my real name. Will doesnt know a thing about firearms and has never been trained on it. There prices are way higher than surrounding competition. If my name was given to them. I dont go around telling that persons business instead of the lies they spread im just saying. I dont plan on going back to Family Cash Brokers.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Hello everybody.

This thread started out with a good idea. If I understood correctly, it was to build a list of places that are hostile towards oc right? So to get back on track - here are two for the list:

Topgun gun range & shop in Taylor, Mi

Wolverine gun range & shop in Brownstown, Mi

A curse on both their houses....:p

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

stainless1911

Banned
Well it was megapawn up util about a month ago. How the hell would he know who i was unless someone gave him my real name. Will doesnt know a thing about firearms and has never been trained on it. There prices are way higher than surrounding competition. If my name was given to them. I dont go around telling that persons business instead of the lies they spread im just saying. I dont plan on going back to Family Cash Brokers.

I dont know how, or even if he knew your name. He said that someone was asked to put it in the car. At that point, I mentioned that it was Ben, that I had heard about the incident.

If you have only been there once, and told to leave, then how do you know what Will knows or doesn't know about anything? He was from the Flint store, and just transferred here.

As I said, I will go there as long as they continue to treat me with respect.

A curse on both their houses....
tongue.png

G

I thought it was "A plague on both your houses" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCb7UCZoS1Y

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
FWIW.

I do not believe that an OC Unfreindly thread would hold weight in a trespassing case. It is common knowledge to NOT believe everything you read online. If a place is listed online somewhere, its nothing more than a rumor. You have not been asked to leave as the statute requires. You are still free to come and go as you please, until YOU are personally asked not to be there.