• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti 2A gun shops

Tess

Founder's Club Member
One of the ranges/shops near me has that rule. I've CC'd and OC'd there without unloading and no one ever says a thing. Why? Because they aren't looking to see who's in compliance with their rule. That's my opinion anyway.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me up if you need an class, RSO or safety briefing

That's the place I was thinking of.

I'll shoot there. But I'll BUY from Guns & Ammo Warehouse or from Dawson's (or Trader Jerry's).

NoTolerance

In WI, the only place that doesn't allow oc is bob and rocco gun shows.

That's not entirely accurate.

I was informed by management at Shooter's in Caledonia that if I wanted to OC within the store, I needed to remove the magazine and leave the slide locked back so they knew it was unloaded - or I needed to cover up. Though I fail to see how a properly holstered firearm poses some sort of risk, I didn't argue - their house; their rules. But he explained to me that they were concerned about liability and, at the time, had a ND (in the range area) the week before. OC on the range itself is fine. I've also heard rumors (haven't confirmed personally) that the The Shooters Shop in West Allis is posted with a gun buster sign. I haven't been to Brew City Shooter's Supply (formerly Badger Guns) in quite a while, so I'm not sure what their stance is.

Steeler-gal

That's the place I was thinking of.

I'll shoot there. But I'll BUY from Guns & Ammo Warehouse or from Dawson's (or Trader Jerry's).

Same here but mainly cause they're stuff is just over blown pricing. :)

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me up if you need an class, RSO or safety briefing

papa bear

the two stores that i have close to me said "hell ya you can carry, it would be silly for us to sell guns and you not be able to carry it". one of them told me he likes too see someone carrying, 'cause what if i was being robbed and you walked in". there was one store that had a no carry policy and i complained about it and with help from others they took it down
i have not went to a VCDL event because they would not let me carry there.

and i don't want to hear anymore of this "insurance thing", if that was the case they all would not allow carry because they all have to have insurance

look at it this way if i am not safe carrying self defense in their store, then i am not safe to carry anywhere, and neither are YOU

don't support any gun store that does not allow your self defense, but also let them know why you would not go to them and that you would tell any of your friends not to go there. give them a NO GUN=NO $ cards., and put them on a un-friendly list. main thing is to have action

paul@paul-fisher.com

look at it this way if i am not safe carrying self defense in their store, then i am not safe to carry anywhere, and neither are YOU

don't support any gun store that does not allow your self defense, but also let them know why you would not go to them and that you would tell any of your friends not to go there. give them a NO GUN=NO $ cards., and put them on a un-friendly list. main thing is to have action

+1

:banana:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
i have not went to a VCDL event because they would not let me carry there.

Maybe it's the lack of grammar and punctuation, but I seriously don't understand when a VCDL event might have been held where you were unable to carry.

papa bear

hey TESS, didn't you go to the VCDL picnic at Pocahontas?

it was the Roanoke Rifile And Revolver shoot

twoskinsonemanns

I don't think I'll be visiting them any more.
May son and I went to a gun shop-range called Glockcop in Martinsburg, WV. It came HIGHLY recommended by a friend of mine that told me they are extremely friendly, welcoming people.
They were closed! Dang. Should have looked up their hours, Wed is their only day off.
Anyway, no ANTI signs on the door. Look forward to going back another time.

HighFlyingA380

There's two gun/pawn shops here that say that ALL firearms must be unleaded and secured. I OCed in there anyway. At both places, it took several times until someone mentioned it. I explained that this was my SD firearm. Yes, if I was going to be handling the firearm in a sale, then sure it'd be unloaded. They finally agreed that that was indeed the intent of the sign, not for any and all firearms. Regardless, they're too cheap to change their sign, because after about 6 months, they haven't changed.

On a related not, one of the gun/pawn shops has a sign welcoming CCWs, but not OCed weapons. I mentioned it to the manager, and he said that OCing makes them uncomfortable; then he noticed my gun. he quickly added, "But I can see that you are responsible, and since you're already here, if you want to spend money here you can." I told him no chance in hell, unless he welcomed all OCers.

twoskinsonemanns

Okay. I finally got a chance to checkout the GLOCKCOP gun shop and range This is in Martinsburg WV off of exit 8 of 81. I walked right in OCing my SS 357mag in Fobus paddle. Nice people. All the employees when OCing. I felt right at home. Super friendly. I checked out there range for about an hour. Kind of a rinky-dink- thing but practical. One friendly RSO named Bill.
It is super great to have found a range that doesn't disarm their patrons. The only bad part is it is 21 and up and 18 and up with a 21yo adult. Have to take my 10yo somewhere else to shoot.

Xulld

I never saw one in North Carolina, and here in Florida I have never seen one without it.

porterhouse83

There's two gun/pawn shops here that say that ALL firearms must be unleaded and secured. I OCed in there anyway. At both places, it took several times until someone mentioned it. I explained that this was my SD firearm. Yes, if I was going to be handling the firearm in a sale, then sure it'd be unloaded. They finally agreed that that was indeed the intent of the sign, not for any and all firearms. Regardless, they're too cheap to change their sign, because after about 6 months, they haven't changed.

On a related not, one of the gun/pawn shops has a sign welcoming CCWs, but not OCed weapons. I mentioned it to the manager, and he said that OCing makes them uncomfortable; then he noticed my gun. he quickly added, "But I can see that you are responsible, and since you're already here, if you want to spend money here you can." I told him no chance in hell, unless he welcomed all OCers.

Way to stick to your guns bud. What was his reaction when you said no chance in hell?

GRIFFIN GUN & SECURITY

All carriers welcome.

I welcome both OC and CC here in my store. I've always got my gun on my side in here too. I just ask that if you bring a gun you're looking to trade inside "in hand", that you bring it to the counter so I can inspect it to ensure it's unloaded and safe. You would be surprised at the times people would say, "Aww it ain't loaded" and when I check it a live cartridge or shotgun shell is in the chamber. I like to encourage my customers to OC or CC whenever and wherever they can legally do so.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I welcome both OC and CC here in my store. I've always got my gun on my side in here too. I just ask that if you bring a gun you're looking to trade inside "in hand", that you bring it to the counter so I can inspect it to ensure it's unloaded and safe. You would be surprised at the times people would say, "Aww it ain't loaded" and when I check it a live cartridge or shotgun shell is in the chamber. I like to encourage my customers to OC or CC whenever and wherever they can legally do so.

Makes sense! When I go to my local OC friendly store, if I need to show them my carry piece, I make sure to hand it to them with the slide locked open and they do the same when they hand it back.

GRIFFIN GUN & SECURITY

Makes sense! When I go to my local OC friendly store, if I need to show them my carry piece, I make sure to hand it to them with the slide locked open and they do the same when they hand it back.

I don't ask to inspect anybodies carry gun(s) (unless they're trying to trade or sell it to me), I only check the guns that are brought inside "in hand" that they are wanting to trade or sell.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I don't ask to inspect anybodies carry gun(s) (unless they're trying to trade or sell it to me), I only check the guns that are brought inside "in hand" that they are wanting to trade or sell.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, that is what I meant. If I don't want them to look at my carry piece, they don't bother me. Only if I WANT them to look at it for some reason do I unload and lock the slide back.

Xulld

That is great. Yea when I bring in a gun for trade I always make sure it is empty and if possible has the action open so no one needs to be alarmed when they open the case.