• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arkansas here I come

Jack House

For a few hours at least.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jack House

You can do that in Arkansas too or just Texas? No, I didn't OC because I don't have a good retention holster. My holster only has a button strap and can easily fall off my belt if worn OWB. Don't have the money to get a proper OC holster at this time unfortunately. If I did have one, I probably would have. The first leg of my trip was to a ranch outside of Tyler, Texas for hunting. So in terms of Texas, I had some pretty good exceptions going on.

My trip to Arkansas was cancelled after the first leg of my trip. But might have stayed there for a couple days if I actually went. So was interested in maybe seeing if there was anyone in the area and if they'd like to get some coffee or somesuch. Always cool to meet new people in new places. But then I realized this place is as dead as Texas. :p

Jack House

I ended up going to Arkansas after all, carried concealed. I was there to rescue my sister from an abusive boyfriend. Was quite worried about the whole thing. Didn't know how he'd react to my sister leaving. He has got into my face once, and has chased after my sister in spite of the gun pointed at his head.

He had a history of violence and I felt there was a significant chance he could get violent again. So I walked the straight and narrow, was sure to follow the letter of the law with plenty of wiggle room and did everything in my power to keep the situation peaceful.

Fortunately, I was able to pick up my sister and leave without incident.

KBCraig

I ended up going to Arkansas after all, carried concealed. I was there to rescue my sister from an abusive boyfriend. Was quite worried about the whole thing. Didn't know how he'd react to my sister leaving. He has got into my face once, and has chased after my sister in spite of the gun pointed at his head.

He had a history of violence and I felt there was a significant chance he could get violent again. So I walked the straight and narrow, was sure to follow the letter of the law with plenty of wiggle room and did everything in my power to keep the situation peaceful.

Fortunately, I was able to pick up my sister and leave without incident.

Glad it went okay.

Following the letter of the law in Arkansas could be problematic in those kinds of situations, since you're required to announce that you're carrying and receive permission to carry inside before entering a residence. That could get... awkward.

Jack House

Glad it went okay.

Following the letter of the law in Arkansas could be problematic in those kinds of situations, since you're required to announce that you're carrying and receive permission to carry inside before entering a residence. That could get... awkward.
Yeah, I was very worried about that. I stayed in the car and waited for her to gather her things and come out. Not the best solution, but I actually called the police on him a couple weeks ago for hitting her, only to have his parents(it's their house), defend the little twerp. I didn't want to give them any excuse to have me arrested. The boy is very unstable, likely bipolar and when she leaves him, it sets him off.

They were staying with us a while back, until one day they were fighting and it got out of hand. So I kicked him out and she left with him. He never hit her in my presence, but at the same time, he had a man twice his size with a loaded gun, standing over him and trying to keep him in line. So I've no idea what he'd do without me there to keep him in check.

Not a situation I was interested in. Fortunately we were able to plan it so that I could pick her up while he was at work, to avoid a nasty situation.

And thanks, I'm glad too. I actually like the kid, when he's not having a mood swing, he's actually pretty cool. It's just that he gets batcrap insane and then problems start. Glad I didn't have to hurt him while he was living here and glad I didn't have to deal with him then. I likely would have had to call the police at the very least. The kid needs a psychiatrist and some medication. I'm usually against medicating, but there are times when it is warranted, this is one of those.