• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

‘Human barcode’ could make society more organized but invade privacy, civil liberties

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...des-privacy-civil-liberties-article-1.1088129
Meghan Neal said:
As tech companies work to develop ID chips, how long until we're no longer anonymous?
George Santayana said:
Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.(The Life of Reason (1905-1906), Vol. I, Reason in Common Sense)
Remember the past, particularly from Obama's "Polish death camps." Don't miss the comments.

Mark 1911

Not surprising that they talk about doing this to infants at birth. Nobody else, child or adult, would ever consent to it. I would never consent to it for my babies. If they ever try to make this madatory, a lot of folks will just go back to having their babies at home.

zack991

Well I am sure it is coming at some point down the road, I am sure the Government is just waiting for the excuse to implement a program and I am would assume it would be the Military first. Considering the military members like myself are forced to give up many constitutional rights to serve and are considered government property. Would people blindly conform I think many sheep in this country would and the select that choose to fight it will likely have no knock warrants served on their home for "terrorism" by overzealous officers looking to please their masters as examples of people to not support. Will something like this happen? It has happened in one form or another in the past and the only difference here is the technology that surrounds it.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There are folks who make a living by changing barcodes and altering RIF chip data. I have no doubt there wouls spring up quite the cottage industry in either voiding these things, setting them to a null, or converting you to someone like The Donald (Imagine going up to an ATM and hitting the keys for some walking-around cash and having the machine think you are The Donald because your RIF chip says so? Imagine how THe Donald would react? RIF chips deactivated tout suite!)

Build a better mousetrap and someone will be right along hacking it.

stay safe.

zack991

There are folks who make a living by changing barcodes and altering RIF chip data. I have no doubt there wouls spring up quite the cottage industry in either voiding these things, setting them to a null, or converting you to someone like The Donald (Imagine going up to an ATM and hitting the keys for some walking-around cash and having the machine think you are The Donald because your RIF chip says so? Imagine how THe Donald would react? RIF chips deactivated tout suite!)

Build a better mousetrap and someone will be right along hacking it.

stay safe.

This always makes me laugh.
Why the Mythbusters won't do RFID (last hope Adam Savage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X034R3yzDhw