Thread: OC'ing in High Point - Thomasville Area

OC'ing in High Point - Thomasville Area

Does anyone know what the city ordinances are for the city of thomasville and High point governing OC'ing? I dont have my CCP as in Davidson County you have to schedule and appointment at the Sheriff's Department to submit the class certificate and fill out paperwork to wait again for the permit itself...Lemme know something....

To my knowledge, there are no laws restricting OC in High Point or Thomasville, but IANAL. I spend most of my time in High Point and OC everywhere I go and have not had any problems, as have several members on the forum. They only place you need to be careful of is the parks, I am not sure which ones you can carry and which ones you can't, should be able to look it up though. Go ahead and OC, just make sure you know your rights in case you get questioned by LEO, and as suggested by many members on here, its a good idea to have a voice recorder with you. Enjoy the freedom of OC!

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    You're rolling the dice any time you OC. I haven't done it in T'ville, but the one problem I had (long story, in another thread) was with the HPPD. If the two officers I encountered were indicative of the entire force (and I hope they were not), then personal opinion trumps the law in High Point. I was falsely threatened with arrest for GATTOP, and I had to explain to the officers why those charges do not apply to my activity, referencing State v. Huntley. They also threatened to confiscate my CHP for failing to inform them that I was carrying a concealed handgun when I was not carrying a concealed handgun. The 5" 1911 on my hip was rather obvious to them, as it is what identified me to them as being the subject of Harry Hoplophobe's complaint to management of the store I was in, thus leading to the dreaded MWAG phone call.

One HP officer had the gall to tell me that the second amendment isn't about individual citizens carrying guns with them when they go grocery shopping. Apparently it is about militias, which aren't needed now that we have the United States Military.

Be careful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ruger; 06-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Sounds like a good place to have an open carry dinner, or open carry grocery shopping event...

Know your rights, and assert them. Use any bad experience with the local LEO as an opportunity to meet his supervisor, File formal written complaints. Force them to re-educate their entire department on what the legality of open carry is. If enough people do this in enough places we will stop getting harassed by LEO for exercising our rights lawfully.

We have an open carry get together in Kernersville occasionally.

Keep an eye out for posts with dates.

JA

I've been carrying in the HP/Thomasville area for years off and on and haven't had any issues. There are no city ordinances regarding OC or CC, just the state laws governing it.