Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Harrisburg PA cop under investigation for shooting wife in buttocks

  1. #1
    Regular Member oldbanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    beckofbeyond - Idaho
    Posts
    476

    Harrisburg PA cop under investigation for shooting wife in buttocks

    Officer William Owens was showing his gun to family and friends during a get-together at his Harrisburg home about 6 p.m. Saturday when his city-issued firearm discharged multiple times, striking Lakita Owens once...

    William Owens said he's been on the force for 11 years, but he's been on disability leave for the past 18 months...

    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...er_invest.html

  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Well even if he is cleared he is probably going to be the butt of a few jokes. OTOH this brings a new meaning to covering your arse.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    When someone is wrongfully shot using a police handgun, it's always passive voice: the "city-issued firearm discharged multiple times".

    All on its own? Wow, there's something seriously wrong with that handgun!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Malcolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    89

    I concur.

    Weapons don't discharge on their own. But accidents do happen, LEO or not. Poor lady, she'll be eating ice cream for months. I'm guessing he'll be doing firearm safety classes for the rest of his career.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

    -M

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    432

    I Beat Ya' To It !

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    Officer William Owens was showing his gun to family and friends during a get-together at his Harrisburg home about 6 p.m. Saturday when his city-issued firearm discharged multiple times, striking Lakita Owens once...

    William Owens said he's been on the force for 11 years, but he's been on disability leave for the past 18 months...

    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...er_invest.html
    Already was posted 05/28/12, On PA. thread.

    Your post has more details now though.

    ;http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ly-Shoots-Wife
    Last edited by scott58dh; 06-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    Already was posted 05/28/12, On PA. thread.

    Your post has more details now though.

    ;http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ly-Shoots-Wife
    Many of us don't browse the states that we don't live in.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Many of us don't browse the states that we don't live in.
    I just found the news article on MSM, Foxnews, that's all.
    ; http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-harri...fe-in-buttocks

    pax!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •