• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question for FOX NEWS Catherine Herridge

F350

There was a segment on FOX & Friends this morning about an exchange of artifacts from the Viet Nam war during Leon Panetta's visit there. The exchange was described as VN "Returning letters taken from a dead Marine" while the US "Returned a diary stolen from an NVA".

Why the obvious terminology slant??? This type of blatant slant is something I would expect from CNN or MSNBC but I would expect better of FOX and Catherine Herridge.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
you do know fox news is no better than cnn right? they lean as much as the rest do, just in other directions....most of the time

gobbly

If you want something without so much slant, try the BBC. I don't even bother with broadcast news, and print media has been going downhill for quite a while now. You still have to question what you hear, but BBC radio is the least bias/sensational source I have yet to find.

Jack House

If you want something without so much slant, try the BBC. I don't even bother with broadcast news, and print media has been going downhill for quite a while now. You still have to question what you hear, but BBC radio is the least bias/sensational source I have yet to find.
Which is insane when you consider that the BBC is government owned.

gobbly

Which is insane when you consider that the BBC is government owned.

Yeah. I might add, there's a lot of BBC media out there. My preference is for the "world service", which is what I get here from 10pm to 6am on a local public radio station.

What I like most about it is that they tend to use local reporters. Having been a reporter myself (local business newspaper, when I was quite a bit younger), I notice that they are much more likely to interview people on multiple sides of a story and give equal time to each viewpoint, I don't detect a lot of selective editing, and they don't tend to insert their own opinions. It's much more reporting on facts and providing equal footing to different opinions.

NPR is usually better than the CNN/FOX/CNBC crap I hear, but you can certainly find a bias if you're paying attention. If you understand that bias, you can weed through it, and often get a decent idea of the facts, but still, even though I tend to lean left more often than right, I prefer to make my own decisions that feel pandered to.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

There was a segment on FOX & Friends this morning about an exchange of artifacts from the Viet Nam war during Leon Panetta's visit there. The exchange was described as VN "Returning letters taken from a dead Marine" while the US "Returned a diary stolen from an NVA".

Why the obvious terminology slant??? This type of blatant slant is something I would expect from CNN or MSNBC but I would expect better of FOX and Catherine Herridge.

Do you have a link to the clip ?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Many of us RVN vets considered "the press" also as the enemy (besides the VC and NVA), due to their liberal slant on everything reported to the folks back home, many of whom who then turned against the "war" as they believed all that bad press. The press did the same from Day One in Kuwait, Iraq and then Afghanistan.

Well, nothing has changed and IMO they STILL are the enemy.

Lurchiron

Many of us RVN vets considered "the press" also as the enemy (besides the VC and NVA), due to their liberal slant on everything reported to the folks back home, many of whom who then turned against the "war" as they believed all that bad press. The press did the same from Day One in Kuwait, Iraq and then Afghanistan.

Well, nothing has changed and IMO they STILL are the enemy.

lefties & fertilizer...can't have one without the other :shocker: