• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Arrested for Accidental Exposure in Florida - With VIDEO

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
[video=youtube;-qKeJ6jd2Ak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qKeJ6jd2Ak[/video]

Dale Norman has a valid Florida Concealed Carry License but was arrested on February 19th, 2012 by the Fort Pierce, FL Police Dept. while otherwise lawfully carrying a handgun because it accidentally became exposed.

He is currently being prosecuted despite assurances made to the Florida Legislature in 2011 that police, prosecutors and Sheriffs would stop harassing people with concealed carry licenses for innocent accidental exposure of their handguns...
More Info:
http://www.allnineyards.com/2012/06...idental-exposure-of-lawfully-carried-handgun/

Last edited:

Mas49.56

Why did the cop write that his shirt was tucked in? It clearly isn't in the video. A "skin tight shirt" is not illegal, printing is not a crime here.:banghead: It's legal to carry a Desert Eagle .50 under spandex here, not a great fashion statement, but legal.

ADulay

I've looked at the video several times now and I don't really notice the shirt flapping open or anything but I did notice what appears to be the bottom of a holster on his right side. Am I correct in what I'm seeing?

If so, is that what he was "taken down" for and is showing part of a holster illegal?

AD

77zach

In a post treyvon martin Fl, maybe the courts are the only way to OC legalized here. I just don't see the Fl legislature giving it back now, even though OC could have prevented the whole case.

This guy would have to be convicted in order for him to challenge the law, right? And I'm sure he won't be convicted.

M

McX

i watched the video, i didnt see anything illegal, except for the cop driving and parking on the sidewalk.

Rich7553

I guess I am just not seeing "accidental exposure" here. His shirt wasn't even long enough to cover the gun if he wanted it to. Florida law still needs to be changed, though.

Actually, he wasn't wearing a belt so it's quite possible his shirt covered the holster until his shorts began to ride down. Nonetheless, the prosecution will have to prove his firearm was visible, not his holster.

mavidal

Speaking of accidental exposure

Hi folks:

I just got one of these from Active Pro Gear: http://www.activeprogear.com/gunpouch.html and was wondering, though we are for open carry if this would work here in Floriduh. It fits my full size 1911-A2 and my Glock 17 like a glove. The only thing that shows is the magazine plate.

Photo Attached. Maybe this would have kept this poor guy out of trouble, but then again, since you have to wear a belt to hold on, and he did not seem to have one on, it would not work for him.

Thoughts?

Mike

Attachments

• 65-large-1.jpg
    65-large-1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 358

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Hi folks:

I just got one of these from Active Pro Gear: http://www.activeprogear.com/gunpouch.html and was wondering, though we are for open carry if this would work here in Floriduh. It fits my full size 1911-A2 and my Glock 17 like a glove. The only thing that shows is the magazine plate.

Photo Attached. Maybe this would have kept this poor guy out of trouble, but then again, since you have to wear a belt to hold on, and he did not seem to have one on, it would not work for him.

Thoughts?

Mike

Nope, you can see the base of the grip of the gun.

hammer6

this looked like a "planned" stop. did someone call the police? because if you notice, the dash cam shows another cop coming up right at the same time...

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
this looked like a "planned" stop. did someone call the police? because if you notice, the dash cam shows another cop coming up right at the same time...

Yes, there was an anonymous call to 911 about a man carrying a gun in a holster. I'm trying to get the tape.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Well, if I put my shirt over it, then nothing shows except for the bottom of the pouch. I would guess at that point it would work?

Mike

I don't want to be a test case for anything. I have no time for jail and had enough of people who don't like me pointing guns at me in the Army.