• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Arrested for Accidental Exposure in Florida - With VIDEO

hammer6

What the Judge DID say to ME in open court was "Get up Tallahassee and make them fix this law!"

ok, so i know the jury convicted him...but..if the legislature specifically made this law to apply to CWFL holders, and the jury said no, then wtf good is this law?

it's now obvious per this judge's denial to dismiss, that citizens of florida are not getting equal protection under a law the florida legislature has enacted....

i mean there's gotta be a situation or report from some CWFL holder about an incident in the past year where their gun was exposed, a cop saw it, and then politely told them to cover it up.

i don't know if i make any sense...i'm just saying- what good is this law, made specifically for CWFL holders, if it's not enforced?

honestly- the video we've seen shows us dale was OCing for about 14 seconds (he becomes visible on dash cam at the 20 second mark, and the cop approaching from the rear exits his vehicle at 34 seconds.). and only in 6 of those seconds do we see what "looks" like a gun, when he turns to face the cop at 34 seconds......if 14 seconds isn't brief, i don't know what is...

IWIWAL

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
What the Judge DID say to ME in open court was "Get up Tallahassee and make them fix this law!"

it was at this point that the judge mounted his podium and began to C walk out of the court room, am I correct?

c-walk.gif

77zach

In the Empire of Lies...

The truth is no defense. By all means, appeal. Expose this wicked system for what it is. Sounds like we don't have a choice, but to go through the courts. Marion Hammer and the NRA admitted they will not fix the problem. They're more concerned about privileges and making armed public servants happy as per her recent video interview.

Last edited:

rvrctyrngr

ok, so i know the jury convicted him...but..if the legislature specifically made this law to apply to CWFL holders, and the jury said no, then wtf good is this law?

it's now obvious per this judge's denial to dismiss, that citizens of florida are not getting equal protection under a law the florida legislature has enacted....

i mean there's gotta be a situation or report from some CWFL holder about an incident in the past year where their gun was exposed, a cop saw it, and then politely told them to cover it up.

i don't know if i make any sense...i'm just saying- what good is this law, made specifically for CWFL holders, if it's not enforced?

honestly- the video we've seen shows us dale was OCing for about 14 seconds (he becomes visible on dash cam at the 20 second mark, and the cop approaching from the rear exits his vehicle at 34 seconds.). and only in 6 of those seconds do we see what "looks" like a gun, when he turns to face the cop at 34 seconds......if 14 seconds isn't brief, i don't know what is...

IWIWAL

Funny you should mention that. This from another forum today (sorry, no link)

NICEVILLE - Police were summoned to a fast-food restaurant after receiving reports of a man displaying a gun.

On July 21 the Niceville Police Department dispatched officers to the Chick-Fil-A on John Sims Parkway after*an employee*reported a man wearing an orange T-shirt and jeans, weighing about 350 pounds, with red hair, was armed with a handgun and displaying it inside the business.

When they arrived officers found a man who matched the description and moved toward him. They asked the man to step outside so they could talk to him. The man said, "Before we do, can I show you something?" and reached toward his waistline. The officer grabbed his hand and told him not to reach toward his pants for any reason.

An officer asked the man if he were armed with a gun. The man said he was and*had a concealed weapon permit. They went outside to continue the conversation.

The officer removed the man's wallet from his back pocket so he could show them his weapons permit. The permit stipulates that the gun must not be visible and remain concealed at all times. The man said he made "a bad judgment call."

The officers returned his documents and his gun, a .22-caliber revolver. Chick-Fil-A, however, didn't want him on the property and asked the officer to issue him a trespass warning.

rvrctyrngr

Mr. Norman was convicted of Open Carry of a firearm. Sentenced to probation and a small fine. His conviction is being appealed and now resides with the 4th DCA. The court denied the State's motion to dismiss the appeal yesterday.

77zach

The court denied the State's motion to dismiss the appeal yesterday.

Good idea not putting eggs in one basket, but I can't imagine the courts ever giving us OC. I would be astonished and my entire world view as it relates to the effectiveness of the legal system would have to be softened some. Sad that it's going to be such a struggle to get it though the Senate with 26 R's and one amenable Democrat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good idea not putting eggs in one basket, but I can't imagine the courts ever giving us OC. I would be astonished and my entire world view as it relates to the effectiveness of the legal system would have to be softened some. Sad that it's going to be such a struggle to get it though the Senate with 26 R's and one amenable Democrat.

Barriers are meant to be removed - never say never. Florida has had OC before.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
The Florida 4th DCA just rejected the State AG's motion to dismiss our petition for them to take jurisdiction. I'll post updates as the arguments are filed.

Golden-Arm

Actually, he wasn't wearing a belt so it's quite possible his shirt covered the holster until his shorts began to ride down. Nonetheless, the prosecution will have to prove his firearm was visible, not his holster.

likely to be unpopular here, but my take is:
my favorite restaurant there!! Lol his "pants riding down" are no accident. his "sag" got his ass busted. he couldnt have imagined this was going to end well, walking down us-1 with his pants hanging off his butt, and a gun plainly in view. did he have a flapped holster completely concealing the gun? i'm casting my vote for unlikely. i'm all for protecting our 2A rights, but a line has to be drawn. we can't imagine everyone that has a ccw is somehow "right", when they're clearly in the wrong. 2 blocks from the police hq was no place to get relaxed with your carry. carrying and sagging should never be your fashion statement. just my .02 cents, YMMV.:eek:

Last edited:

spacecoast321

Path to Open Carry in FL

likely to be unpopular here, but my take is:
my favorite restaurant there!! Lol his "pants riding down" are no accident. his "sag" got his ass busted. he couldnt have imagined this was going to end well, walking down us-1 with his pants hanging off his butt, and a gun plainly in view. did he have a flapped holster completely concealing the gun? i'm casting my vote for unlikely. i'm all for protecting our 2A rights, but a line has to be drawn. we can't imagine everyone that has a ccw is somehow "right", when they're clearly in the wrong. 2 blocks from the police hq was no place to get relaxed with your carry. carrying and sagging should never be your fashion statement. just my .02 cents, YMMV.:eek:

Understood, few here have a friendly view toward "pants on the ground". However, the force used by the LEO's was unnecessary; but I am sure they think it was warranted due to our FL AG position that all private gun carry should be viewed by LEOs as unlawful conduct. The state manipulated the case to deprive him of a public defender. It may pave the way to Open Carry for us all. Certainly a case to watch.