• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North kc area oc

jrshine25

I live in independence witch i know i can oc but work in the gladstone area just wondering if anyone can tell me if gladstone or north kc have any oc regulations. Or what the laws are north of the river is there some kind of map for open carry like there is with ccw states. Would greatly appropriate any help in this matter as do not want to be unarmed as much as possible after recent attempted car jacking in are parking lot.

kcgunfan

Yep, OC is out for NKC, Gladstone, and Parkville for that matter.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SixGunCowboy

OC'ing in NKC

Unfortunately, as I understand it.. one can't OC anywhere north of the river or in the immediate downtown area. That would include Parkville, and Gladstone unfortunately. Sorry lads.

kcgunfan

You do not understand, KC proper is legal as is Liberty. That is most of the Northland. I do not know about Claycomo (city), Randolph, or the little villages because I don't hang out there. I haven't checked Riverside either.

S&W_Guy

You do not understand, KC proper is legal as is Liberty. That is most of the Northland. I do not know about Claycomo (city), Randolph, or the little villages because I don't hang out there. I haven't checked Riverside either.

Where can I find this information for myself? I live north of the river and would like to know where I can and cannot carry.

kcgunfan

Where can I find this information for myself? I live north of the river and would like to know where I can and cannot carry.

You have to check out the municipal codes of each town, some are online, done aren't. If they aren't online, it's a trip to City Hall. It's really boring work.