• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing through

Sorcice

I will be passing through Denver and have heard it's not open carry friendly like the rest of the state. Can a local shed some light on this? Need to know whether I should disarm before getting gas. Thanks!

JamesB

I will be passing through Denver and have heard it's not open carry friendly like the rest of the state. Can a local shed some light on this? Need to know whether I should disarm before getting gas. Thanks!

Anywhere in the surrounding burbs is fine though. So all you have to do is make sure you have enough gas to make it across the 20 miles or so of actual Denver, not the 120ish whatever of greater Denver metroplex area whatever. And even if you du run out in the middle of it, there is pay at the pump and you can leave it in the car OC or CC without a permit required.

More information can be had here: http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs/

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Suspecting you'll be passing through on I-76 on your way through, I'd recommend stopping for gas at the Western in Brighton on Bridge Street. It is about as cheap as any gas you'll find around these parts, and a fill-up will ensure you pass through Denver territory without having to disarm.

Then again, you can stay on I-76 and pass clean through without ever stopping in Denver anyhow. I-76, unless I am greatly mistaken, doesn't even pass through Denver at all.

Or, if you come in on I-70, you can drop off on Airport Blvd, and hit the Flying J just a block south of the interstate to get fuel in Aurora territory. We're east of Denver, and you can OC there and grab a bite across the street at McD's if you like, or at the Dennys which is at the Flying J anyhow.

If you're coming down I-25 from the north, I haven't much to offer by way of suggestions. Don't know that part of town nearly so well.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin