Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

Herr Heckler Koch

Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-bank-robber/
    Quote Originally Posted by
    By Erin McLaughlin
    Jun 4, 2012 8:20pm
    Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber
    Email 46 Smaller Font Text Larger Text | Print

Police in Aurora, Colo., searching for suspected bank robbers stopped every car at an intersection, handcuffed all the adults and searched the cars, one of which they believed was carrying the suspect.

Police said they had received what they called a “reliable” tip that the culprit in an armed robbery at a Wells Fargo bank committed earlier was stopped at the red light.

“We didn’t have a description, didn’t know race or gender or anything, so a split-second decision was made to stop all the cars at that intersection, and search for the armed robber,” Aurora police Officer Frank Fania told ABC News.

Officers barricaded the area, halting 19 cars.

[ ... ]

From there, the police went from car to car, removing the passengers and handcuffing the adults.

“Most of the adults were handcuffed, then were told what was going on and were asked for permission to search the car,” Fania said. “They all granted permission, and once nothing was found in their cars, they were un-handcuffed.”

The search lasted between an hour and a half and two hours, and it wasn’t until the final car was searched that police apprehended the suspect.

“Once officers got to his car, they found evidence that he was who they were looking for,” Fania said. “When they searched the car, they found two loaded firearms.”
    Thank goodness the Bad Guy was found in the last sheeple car searched. Can you imagine the sheeple look on their faces if they found him in the second sheeple car searched but kept on searching? After all, they had permission.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 06-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.

In before that troll Gil223 shows up defending the handcuffing of innocent people...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Activist Member
    “Once officers got to his car, they found evidence that he was who they were looking for,” Fania said. “When they searched the car, they found two loaded firearms.”
    I hope they have more evidence on the bank robbery charges than merely the possession of firearms in a car. I'm surprised there was only one car with firearms. Isn't it legal in Colorado to have firearms in your car?
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 06-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Wow! Just wow. I sure am glad I don't live in Colorado. What would have happened if they had come across an OCer? It will be interesting to see if it costs the police department, or more likely the state, more money in legal settlements for civil rights violations than the amount of money they recover from the robbery. And what exactly is a "high powered hand gun?" Sometimes the media makes me want to throw up. What if it had turned out that there was someone there with guns on his way to the range?
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I would already have filed the lawsuit for false arrest, battery and violation of 4th amendment rights. The SS may decide to do the same thing with a MWAG call next time. If the so called bad guy didn't give them permission to search his car, which one would think would be the case, and they didn't bother with a warrant--waste of time when they are trampling the constitution anyway, anything they found is inadmissable. I hope this guy walks and some of the subjects find the balls to file suit against the stormtrooper thugs. That it happened in CO is disgusting. They could not get a warrant absent probable cause to search anybody's car. If the people had banded together and said **** you when the thugs "asked" to search their cars it would have made a huge difference in not acting like a steer led to the slaughter house, as these cops obviously wanted. Nose of the camel is under the tent. What next?

I should add that this is a conspiracy to violate constitutional rights therefore no qualified immunity would exist in a Federal court.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Police said they had received what they called a “reliable” tip that the culprit in an armed robbery at a Wells Fargo bank committed earlier was stopped at the red light.

“We didn’t have a description, didn’t know race or gender or anything
    I sure would hate to see what they consider "unreliable".

While I know that there is a very small chance that even one person will do anything except tell stories around the water cooler, deep in my heart of hearts I am wishing that just one person stopped and cuffed files a lawsuit.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    “They all granted permission" ???

This cannot possibly be true.

Perhaps they meant "at this time there is no direct audio/video evidence, that survived these illegal arrests, that disproves that everyone gave permission to have their vehicle searched."

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Sorry, we're not sure what you're looking for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-bank-robber/ Thank goodness the Bad Guy was found in the last sheeple car searched. Can you imagine the sheeple look on their faces if they found him in the second sheeple car searched but kept on searching? After all, they had permission.
    I don't think that calling them sheeple is necessarily the accurate description here. They were all arrested, they probably did not think they had a choice. And the article doesn't exactly specify the words used to request permission to search.

After seeing that woman laugh about her own detainment, I think sheeple would be an accurate description.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    And what exactly is a "high powered hand gun?"
    One is a Draco. Draco pistol is why I have to open carry instead of conceal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I don't think that calling them sheeple is necessarily the accurate description here. They were all arrested, they probably did not think they had a choice. And the article doesn't exactly specify the words used to request permission to search.
    I'm sure it was something like this.

The Einsatzgruppen cleansing the area of suspected bank robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    The Einsatzgruppen cleansing the area of suspected bank robbers.
    Any citizen is a threat to the SS. Therefore, they are trained to treat them as subjects. "Single file, keep in line as you enter the chambers..."
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Unhappy

This is just another sign that the dastardly things we have done for so long, to so many people around the world, are coming full circle here at home. The chickens have truly come home to roost.

We were once citizens of a free Republic, with rights to be respected and protected by those who presume to work in the consumptive sector.

Now, we are civilians in an occupied country, to be put down, neutralized, and secured, before being beaten and harangued into "compliance."

Clean your muskets, and keep your powder dry, gentlemen.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Oh I'm pretty sure I know exactly how each of them was asked:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/113305.html
    Last edited by FTG-05; 06-07-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I sure would hate to see what they consider "unreliable".

While I know that there is a very small chance that even one person will do anything except tell stories around the water cooler, deep in my heart of hearts I am wishing that just one person stopped and cuffed files a lawsuit.

stay safe.
    I'd bet money that it's the same kind of "reliable tip" that the Atlanta cops who murdered Kathryn Johnston got from their imaginary "informant".

My god. In the last five or so years Colorado has almost completely turned into a left wing state.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Yea we have had to many left coasters trying to escape the mess they made in Kalifornia ,but they bring the same left ideas with them.

I look at the police officer pointing the shotgun at the kid with his finger on the trigger and I get boiling mad. Glad that didn't happen to me I would be in the morgue right now.

The whole bunch of them should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post
    Out of a cannon...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by gunns

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Out of a cannon...
    You called?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Any citizen is a threat to the SS. Therefore, they are trained to treat them as subjects. "Single file, keep in line as you enter the chambers..."
    Bye the way I like you're avatar!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Bye the way I like you're avatar!
    Avatar? Oh sn!t, thought that was his personal........... ah, never mind.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast