• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

Deanimator

I'd like to think I'd say no too, but until I'm staring down the barrel of a gun being held by a man that has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for my rights, I can't be certain how I'd respond.
What's he going to do, shoot me?

If he does, my mother gets her condo paid off and my cousin gets her own condo.

With any luck, the cop gets to try out gay marriage... in prison.

sudden valley gunner

I wouldn't physically resist, but I'd tell him "no" all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

And he'd be recorded (and maybe streamed live) being told "no".

I'd like to think I'd say no too, but until I'm staring down the barrel of a gun being held by a man that has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for my rights, I can't be certain how I'd respond.

Been there done that, it actually isn't that hard once you get over your fight or flight instinct......and actually made me more determined not to "cooperate" after looking down the barrel of an officers Glock.

I still shudder and have bad thoughts of what could have happened though, I am just glad cops are statistically lousy shots........

DocWalker

Maybe but the officer could get off scott-free by saying you made a "threating move", I can't remeber the official term they use but I know they have used that defense before.

I agree with you that we should resist any unlawful command and resist crocked cops. I just hope there are witnesses and better yet film of a crocked cop killing you. Unlike the Culpepper incedent were the cop is the only one still alive that knows what was said to make the lady fear for her life that she had to run.

Yard Sale

I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights. :rolleyes:
Been there, done that. I had already told him I wished to remain silent. His fragile ego coudln't stand my continued silence as I sat handcuffed in the chair so he aimed a Glock at my chest and demanded I answer the questions. I remained silent and he didn't shoot.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights. :rolleyes:

I've had it happen several times ... pulled over for speeding,
cop pulls his gun and says "can I search your car?"
then I say: "why, you expecting to find more evidence of my speeding in the trunk?"
And as they scratch their head tell them no.

Really, chances of getting shot: zero.

All is well, remain calm!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Been there, done that. I had already told him I wished to remain silent. His fragile ego coudln't stand my continued silence as I sat handcuffed in the chair so he aimed a Glock at my chest and demanded I answer the questions. I remained silent and he didn't shoot.

You should have said "that gun ain't loaded!" lol

Tucker6900

KBCraig

I'm certain there's already a thread about the Culpepper shooting incident in the Virginia sub-forum.

If someone wishes to move all discussion about that incident over to the appropriate thread, especially a moderator/administrator type person who is engaged in this discussion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe but the officer could get off scott-free by saying you made a "threating move", I can't remeber the official term they use but I know they have used that defense before.

I agree with you that we should resist any unlawful command and resist crocked cops. I just hope there are witnesses and better yet film of a crocked cop killing you. Unlike the Culpepper incedent were the cop is the only one still alive that knows what was said to make the lady fear for her life that she had to run.

There is no evidence, testimony or factual report that the lady was in fear of her life. Fact of the matter is we don't know why she ran/drove away.

This is my point as most people don't start driving away when they are talking to someone and that someone reaches into their vehicle UNLESS they are scared for their life. I'm sure it wasn't lets take this nice cop for a ride.....

Frightened, confused, belligerent, even scared possibly; but scared for her life over having had her DL requested - not likely. Don't see the way of her driving off as being germane to the case in any event.

I have never heard of anyone casusally driving away while not taking time to remove their sun shade, while rolling up their window as they are being shot. I'm sure that is all that was said was the officers polite asking for her DL. This leaves the question of why was his arm in her window if all he did was ask for her DL? There is more here than the cop is saying, something was said or done to make her drive away and roll up her window without removing her sun shade. Her actions are more in the line with panic than a reasoned thought.

You may be right.

Still I cannot conclude that she casually drove away, rolling up the window with one hand, holding driving license w/another, steering the vehicle with yet another. She only needed 1 more hand to remove the sun screen. See, I can make unwarranted/unsupported assumptions too. :p

Not so wild assumptions as someone doesn't calmly drive away without removing the blocked view. People in a panic will try to get away from the threat be it real or not. In a vehicle this would be done by rolling up the window, locking the door and driving away the three things that a person can do to put a barrier between the threat and the person. What makes me think she was paniced is that she didn't take the time to remove the shade to see where she was going.

My point is that any assumption of her mental process is unwarranted - not that she was panicked, not that she was delusional, not that she was reasonable. We only know what she did and/or did not do physically or claimed to have done by others.

Any assumptions on any of her anything is now moot, pure speculation, Interwebs forum blather. It is a he said-she can't say. The state has a tough row to hoe. She is dead and dead women tell no tales.

If this cop gets convicted of anything substantive I will be pleasantly surprised.

You emphasized the wrong part of Doc Walker's point. Try this:

This does not say he wasn't justified. It merely states the fact that the only other witness is dead.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm certain there's already a thread about the Culpepper shooting incident in the Virginia sub-forum.

If someone wishes to move all discussion about that incident over to the appropriate thread, especially a moderator/administrator type person who is engaged in this discussion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Point taken - got too distracted and not aware of where I was - moved them.

FTG-05

Thanks, much cleaner thread now.

What's the status of this in Auroro or CO? Didn't we have a member who was making sure this didn't get buried? Has any of the victims filed suit or threatened to file suit?

OC for ME

Point taken - got too distracted and not aware of where I was - moved them.
Did you read the posts you moved? Or, did you move posts based on the user name only?

See my post in the VA sub-forum - Culpeper thread, Post #1515, Page 38. That post, formerly in this thread, was in response to Tucker6900, Post #67 above which I believed at that time to be on topic for this thread.

After reviewing Tucker6900's Post #67, above, and my response to it, it appears to me that my response remains on topic.

....meh....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did you read the posts you moved? Or, did you move posts based on the user name only?

See my post in the VA sub-forum - Culpeper thread, Post #1515, Page 38. That post, formerly in this thread, was in response to Tucker6900, Post #67 above which I believed at that time to be on topic for this thread.

After reviewing Tucker6900's Post #67, above, and my response to it, it appears to me that my response remains on topic.

....meh....

PM incoming.

M-Taliesin

Well, what else did you expect them to do? They obviously dont feel like doing real police work. So instead they become criminals themselves.

Howdy Folks!
Let these words pose the question:

"Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it?" Patrick Henry

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Jack House

This was my point as well, which has gotten lost in all the bravado.

As I said way earlier in the thread, what you or I would do, is not necessarily what Jim from down the street would do. And just because someone is willing to receive a hot lead injection on principal alone, does not mean everyone else is and shouldn't require them too either.

"Survive today so you can fight tomorrow."

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

This was my point as well, which has gotten lost in all the bravado.

As I said way earlier in the thread, what you or I would do, is not necessarily what Jim from down the street would do. And just because someone is willing to receive a hot lead injection on principal alone, does not mean everyone else is and shouldn't require them too either.

"Survive today so you can fight tomorrow."

That is a good point, and one reason I fear for our future on a larger scale, many will feel the best thing for their survival is to capitulate to force, look at why we pay unfair taxes, follow unconstitutional laws, etc....

Freedom1Man

That is a good point, and one reason I fear for our future on a larger scale, many will feel the best thing for their survival is to capitulate to force, look at why we pay unfair taxes, follow unconstitutional laws, etc....

I laugh at the taxes statement, the ones being withheld from your pay check are VOLUNTARY according to the law.
Now I will agree with many taxes being not only unfair but unconstitutional; building permits, most sales taxes, driver and auto licensing, marriage licenses, etc are all unfair and unconstitutional taxes.

Stop and frisk, permit to carry, weapons ownership restriction, etc, laws are all unconstitutional that we are being strong armed in to following.

The irony here is that according to the courts if a law is unconstitutional then it is as though it had never been written and thus does not have to be followed.
Yet forum rules say we can't advocate breaking unconstitutional laws......