• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...lt-at-intersection-in-search-for-bank-robber/
said:
By Erin McLaughlin
Jun 4, 2012 8:20pm
Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber
Email 46 Smaller Font Text Larger Text | Print

Police in Aurora, Colo., searching for suspected bank robbers stopped every car at an intersection, handcuffed all the adults and searched the cars, one of which they believed was carrying the suspect.

Police said they had received what they called a “reliable” tip that the culprit in an armed robbery at a Wells Fargo bank committed earlier was stopped at the red light.

“We didn’t have a description, didn’t know race or gender or anything, so a split-second decision was made to stop all the cars at that intersection, and search for the armed robber,” Aurora police Officer Frank Fania told ABC News.

Officers barricaded the area, halting 19 cars.

[ ... ]

From there, the police went from car to car, removing the passengers and handcuffing the adults.

“Most of the adults were handcuffed, then were told what was going on and were asked for permission to search the car,” Fania said. “They all granted permission, and once nothing was found in their cars, they were un-handcuffed.”

The search lasted between an hour and a half and two hours, and it wasn’t until the final car was searched that police apprehended the suspect.

“Once officers got to his car, they found evidence that he was who they were looking for,” Fania said. “When they searched the car, they found two loaded firearms.”
Thank goodness the Bad Guy was found in the last sheeple car searched. Can you imagine the sheeple look on their faces if they found him in the second sheeple car searched but kept on searching? After all, they had permission.

Last edited:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
“Once officers got to his car, they found evidence that he was who they were looking for,” Fania said. “When they searched the car, they found two loaded firearms.”

I hope they have more evidence on the bank robbery charges than merely the possession of firearms in a car. I'm surprised there was only one car with firearms. Isn't it legal in Colorado to have firearms in your car?

Last edited:

Ruby

Wow! Just wow. I sure am glad I don't live in Colorado. What would have happened if they had come across an OCer? It will be interesting to see if it costs the police department, or more likely the state, more money in legal settlements for civil rights violations than the amount of money they recover from the robbery. And what exactly is a "high powered hand gun?" Sometimes the media makes me want to throw up. What if it had turned out that there was someone there with guns on his way to the range?

Gunslinger

I would already have filed the lawsuit for false arrest, battery and violation of 4th amendment rights. The SS may decide to do the same thing with a MWAG call next time. If the so called bad guy didn't give them permission to search his car, which one would think would be the case, and they didn't bother with a warrant--waste of time when they are trampling the constitution anyway, anything they found is inadmissable. I hope this guy walks and some of the subjects find the balls to file suit against the stormtrooper thugs. That it happened in CO is disgusting. They could not get a warrant absent probable cause to search anybody's car. If the people had banded together and said **** you when the thugs "asked" to search their cars it would have made a huge difference in not acting like a steer led to the slaughter house, as these cops obviously wanted. Nose of the camel is under the tent. What next?

I should add that this is a conspiracy to violate constitutional rights therefore no qualified immunity would exist in a Federal court.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Police said they had received what they called a “reliable” tip that the culprit in an armed robbery at a Wells Fargo bank committed earlier was stopped at the red light.

“We didn’t have a description, didn’t know race or gender or anything

I sure would hate to see what they consider "unreliable".

While I know that there is a very small chance that even one person will do anything except tell stories around the water cooler, deep in my heart of hearts I am wishing that just one person stopped and cuffed files a lawsuit.

stay safe.

twoskinsonemanns

“They all granted permission" ???

This cannot possibly be true.

Perhaps they meant "at this time there is no direct audio/video evidence, that survived these illegal arrests, that disproves that everyone gave permission to have their vehicle searched."

Fallschirjmäger

JustSayNoToCops1.jpg

Jack House

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...lt-at-intersection-in-search-for-bank-robber/ Thank goodness the Bad Guy was found in the last sheeple car searched. Can you imagine the sheeple look on their faces if they found him in the second sheeple car searched but kept on searching? After all, they had permission.
I don't think that calling them sheeple is necessarily the accurate description here. They were all arrested, they probably did not think they had a choice. And the article doesn't exactly specify the words used to request permission to search.

DCKilla

After seeing that woman laugh about her own detainment, I think sheeple would be an accurate description.

jbone

The Einsatzgruppen cleansing the area of suspected bank robbers.

ManInBlack

This is just another sign that the dastardly things we have done for so long, to so many people around the world, are coming full circle here at home. The chickens have truly come home to roost.

We were once citizens of a free Republic, with rights to be respected and protected by those who presume to work in the consumptive sector.

Now, we are civilians in an occupied country, to be put down, neutralized, and secured, before being beaten and harangued into "compliance."

Clean your muskets, and keep your powder dry, gentlemen.

FTG-05

Last edited:

Deanimator

I sure would hate to see what they consider "unreliable".

While I know that there is a very small chance that even one person will do anything except tell stories around the water cooler, deep in my heart of hearts I am wishing that just one person stopped and cuffed files a lawsuit.

stay safe.
I'd bet money that it's the same kind of "reliable tip" that the Atlanta cops who murdered Kathryn Johnston got from their imaginary "informant".