• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

gunns

I look at the police officer pointing the shotgun at the kid with his finger on the trigger and I get boiling mad. Glad that didn't happen to me I would be in the morgue right now.

The whole bunch of them should be fired.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gunns

The whole bunch of them should be fired.

Out of a cannon...

You called?

Jack House

Re: High-powered handguns

Watching the clip again while showing it to a friend, I noticed that one of the guns is a Walther P99. The P99 only comes in two flavors, 9mm and .40SW. So which caliber was it? Can't tell by looking at it, the differences between the 9mm and the .40SW versions are practically non-existent. But I really wouldn't consider either of those calibers to be high-powered.

Still, I'd love to find out that the P99 is the more popular 9mm version! Guess they're HP cause they're black, so they must be evil. :rolleyes:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Re: High-powered handguns

Watching the clip again while showing it to a friend, I noticed that one of the guns is a Walther P99. The P99 only comes in two flavors, 9mm and .40SW. So which caliber was it? Can't tell by looking at it, the differences between the 9mm and the .40SW versions are practically non-existent. But I really wouldn't consider either of those calibers to be high-powered.

Still, I'd love to find out that the P99 is the more popular 9mm version! Guess they're HP cause they're black, so they must be evil. :rolleyes:

No doubt.

First we had EBR = evil black rifle; now we have EBP = evil black pistol.

I zink zat zee beautyz liz in zee eyez of zee beholderz. Black is beautiful! Good guys do carry and wear black too - now that's high power advertising!

papa bear

this story is starting to be pick up by the talk show circuit. most i have heard are outraged

does it matter that the bank robber was caught in this round up

wonder why they don't do this in welfare housing. just put everybody in handcuffs and search the places. i am sure they would catch somebody :uhoh: :cry:

Polynikes

As a bit of clarification, no permit is needed to open carry a firearm in Colorado or to conceal one on your own private property, including your vehicle. I fail to see how having two loaded handguns in the vehicle allowed the police to pinpoint that this was the individual they were looking for, who also conveniently happened to be in the very last of the 19 cars that had been illegally stopped.

KBCraig

As a bit of clarification, no permit is needed to open carry a firearm in Colorado or to conceal one on your own private property, including your vehicle. I fail to see how having two loaded handguns in the vehicle allowed the police to pinpoint that this was the individual they were looking for, who also conveniently happened to be in the very last of the 19 cars that had been illegally stopped.
I've also wondered how they decided he was their suspect, since they had no description. Unless he also had bank bags of dye-stained cash, what made him "that guy", other than possessing handguns?

I admit I haven't read all the news details, because all the links have been about the outrage of the unconstitutional seizures and searches. If there's an article about why they chose to arrest that guy, or a portion of a previously-linked article we've all overlooked, it would be great if someone posted it or linked to it.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

TechnoWeenie

Consent can only be obtained without coercion.

How the #(%& can you say that coercion didn't exist when..

1. You're surrounded by a lot of officers, 10+
2. These officers have firearms drawn and pointed at you.
3. These officers have removed you from your vehicle, at gunpoint.
4. Officers have handcuffed you, taken you from the immediate area of your vehicle, and sat you down, ordering you not to move.

and, most likely...

5. Said that if they didn't get permission to search, that they'd be there a LOT longer, or they'd tow/impound the car, get a warrant, etc etc etc... or worse yet, that it'd be obstruction..

I don't see how they can say ANY search was consensual when you just had multiple people point guns at you, showing their ready to use force... WITHOUT cause, showing that they don't care about your rights....

FTG-05

You may be right, I might not be seeing it correctly, either way, they were wrong and should be fired.

More to the point: It may be far easier to see while looking at the photo on our computers; my bet is that in person, all the victims saw was that huge 3/4" black hole. I bet they were unlikely to notice the race of the LEO or what he looked like never mind where his finger was at that time.

Sig229

No doubt.

First we had EBR = evil black rifle; now we have EBP = evil black pistol.

I zink zat zee beautyz liz in zee eyez of zee beholderz. Black is beautiful! Good guys do carry and wear black too - now that's high power advertising!

If we could only get Al Shaprton and Jesse Jackson to start one of their infamous media campaigns ranting how racists it is to consider certain firearms evil because they are black, well the firearm community would have it made.

Hell, we probably could even overturn the GCA of 1968!