• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winco

TOF

What is a Winco?

I have lived in Arizona most of 72 years and have never been in or seen a Winco. Perhaps I have lived a sheltered life.
I have also OC'd many places inumerable times in AZ during those 72 years and never been questioned much less kicked out.

The Big Guy

What is a Winco?

I have lived in Arizona most of 72 years and have never been in or seen a Winco. Perhaps I have lived a sheltered life.
I have also OC'd many places inumerable times in AZ during those 72 years and never been questioned much less kicked out.

Grocery store chain located in ID, WA, OR, NV, CA, AZ and UT.

TBG

azpilot

If it wasn't on the other side of the valley and 30+ minute drive I'd go find out. Never in that part of town..

The Big Guy

Response from Winco

I just received a phone call from Mike Read, Public Relations Representative of Winco foods. He let me know that they have had lots of contact about this issue and have come to the conclusion that we are welcome in their stores open carry. He told me that they really didn't like it but would not fight it. He said as a private property they have the right to prohibit firearms but that they would not.

TBG

The Big Guy

Returned

The wife and I, 5 kids in tow, returned to Winco this afternoon. No hastles what so ever. No comments, no looks, nothing but smiles, as it should be. Were in the store about an hour.
Looks like the word trickled down.

TBG