Thread: Winco

Founder's Club Member The Big Guy's Avatar

Winco

Has anyone in ID been booted from a Winco store for OC?

See my thread under Nevada.

TBG
    Article 1, Section 11, #1 of the Nevada Constitution: Every citizen has the right to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use ..

Life member GOA and NRA. Member SAF, NAGR, & former member NVFAC.

I have gone in the Winco in Moscow several hundred times with one instance where I was told I couldn't carry by an employee. I asked to see the manager and he stated it was fine and to go back to shopping. I have had several friends that have had the cops called on them(mostly by liberal college students,its right across the street from the University of Idaho) while shopping at Winco while OC'ing and the manager always said it was fine and the cops left.

Sorry about your bad experience I hope your letter to the CEO gets a clear answer.

I work at winco

k
    Last edited by jugglzo; 03-11-2013 at 07:31 PM.

I would have been more than happy to deliver the letter in person, OC'ing at that, to their corporate HQ.

while working

last week i had seen 2 OCers, 2 days in a row at my store. never run into one ocer, let alone two in two days. rare breed i guess

Response from Winco.

I just received a phone call from Mike Read, Public Relations Representative of Winco foods. He let me know that they have had lots of contact about this issue and have come to the conclusion that we are welcome in their stores open carry. He told me that they really didn't like it but would not fight it. He said as a private property they have the right to prohibit firearms but that they would not.

TBG
    Article 1, Section 11, #1 of the Nevada Constitution: Every citizen has the right to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use ..

What an excellent opportunity to thank them for respecting your rights and informing them that you will be recommending their business to friends and family who don't necessarily carry firearms such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    What an excellent opportunity to thank them for respecting your rights and informing them that you will be recommending their business to friends and family who don't necessarily carry firearms such as yourself.
    http://www.facebook.com/winco.official.page?ref=ts

I left my thank you in the comment section!

Quote Originally Posted by jugglzo View Post
    last week i had seen 2 OCers, 2 days in a row at my store. never run into one ocer, let alone two in two days. rare breed i guess
    jugglzo,

Where are you located? I was in WINCO in Idaho Falls a couple times last week oc. I have never had a problem anywhere so far in IF.

nampa

[Nampa store

QUOTE=bowb;1771379]jugglzo,

Where are you located? I was in WINCO in Idaho Falls a couple times last week oc. I have never had a problem anywhere so far in IF.[/QUOTE]

Returned

The wife and I, 5 kids in tow, returned to Winco this afternoon. No hastles what so ever. No comments, no looks, nothing but smiles, as it should be. Were in the store about an hour.
    Looks like the word trickled down.

TBG

smile and say howdy

Quote Originally Posted by jugglzo View Post
    at least twice a month at your winco, OC'ing the twins with pride. say "hi" to the old guy with the beard and flannel. I was there the week before you posted this. twas probably me you saw. Never any negativity from winco in nampa. I only support business' who are 2A friendly.